• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What generation do you think had the best games?

Years
  • III, IV, and V for me, probably. DPPt and HGSS were both amazing sets of games that I had a lot of fun with. Same goes for RSE and FRLG. Unova was my favorite region and generation. <3

TheAlmightyBlaziken

Pretty cool if I do say so myself
    Years
  • I hate to say it but HG and SS are the best pokemon games for me but that still doesn't change my favorite region which is obviously Hoenn

Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • DS generations. Just the DS generations. Almost everything from 4 and 5 were outstanding.

Years
  • Gen 5 was easily the best generation imo. No generation was perfect but for me Gen 5 came closer to it than any generation before or after.

Years
    • Seen today
    Gen 3 is my favorite all together. I greatly enjoy Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and FireRed/LeafGreen were my first games, even if they aren't my favorite it still makes them special. Also it had Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness.

pkmin3033

Easily Gen IV. I haven't really enjoyed Pokemon since Gen IV ended; between DPPt and HGSS they had the perfect balance of new and old content. HGSS are the gold (haha) standard for remakes as far as I'm concerned, they offered everything you could ask for and more besides. The visuals were colourful and not too messy in the way that Gen V's were (although I'd blame that on the limited capability of the hardware) and the sprites were more expressive than the crappy polygonal models used in the 3DS games have ever been. Gen IV pushed the game mechanics forward by leaps and bounds, reintroducted some of the best features that Gen III took out, and had some of the best Pokemon designs. Also, the soundtrack. I could go on forever about the soundtrack.

Back