• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if there is no gravity?

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
    Everything would fall apart. On the subatomic level. Quarks wouldn't stick together anymore so there would be no matter nor antimatter and everything would just desintegrate into the smallest particles something can be reduced to.

Unless you mean what if there were no gravity on Earth anymore as in the Earth stopped pulling anything. Then we'd float away, the atmosphere would fly into space, water would evaporate and you'd end up in a vacuum where you'll be conscious while feeling your saliva boil in your mouth and every inch on your body hurting like hell before you pass out and die from oxygen deprivation. Unless you tried to hold your breath, then your lungs will rupture and you'll die faster (and more painfully).

Last edited:

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
    I think Life is not possible as in Universe everything is holp up by gravity so if there will be no gravity there wouldn't be galaxies, or stars, or planets.
    Moreover, as far as i know, most dangerous fate on earth will become in the absence of gravity is that breathable air would probably get spring into the vacuum of the space and at last, all living beings will die.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    If gravity just stopped existing, besides us floating out into space, the Earth wouldn't orbit the Sun and the Sun wouldn't stay inside the Milky Way. They would speed through the universe without stopping unless they collided with something else.

If it didn't exist at all, nothing in the universe would either. The Earth wouldn't have formed, the Sun wouldn't have formed and so on.

Everything would fall apart. On the subatomic level. Quarks wouldn't stick together anymore so there would be no matter nor antimatter and everything would just desintegrate into the smallest particles something can be reduced to.
    Quarks aren't held together by gravity though. The gravitational forces between particles of such low mass is practically non existent and, as far as I know, cannot in anyway hold them together against the much, much stronger electrostatic repulsive forces between two up quarks or down quarks.

Years
    Even though gravity is the weakest force to exist in the universe, the universe cannot exist without it.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years

Quarks aren't held together by gravity though. The gravitational forces between particles of such low mass is practically non existent and, as far as I know, cannot in anyway hold them together against the much, much stronger electrostatic repulsive forces between two up quarks or down quarks.

As far as I know, gravitons do play a big role in the string theory. If the string theory is right and the smallest particles of pretty much everything are tiny one dimensional strings, the absence of gravitons would make them disappear/fall apart and that would result in everything in the universe being destroyed/

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    As far as I know, gravitons do play a big role in the string theory. If the string theory is right and the smallest particles of pretty much everything are tiny one dimensional strings, the absence of gravitons would make them disappear/fall apart and that would result in everything in the universe being destroyed/
    But strings are only one dimensional vibrations and as far as I know, Gravitons themselves are a specific vibrational state of these strings, not the other way around. I.e. gravitons don't make up strings, strings make up gravitons.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
    But strings are only one dimensional vibrations and as far as I know, Gravitons themselves are a specific vibrational state of these strings, not the other way around. I.e. gravitons don't make up strings, strings make up gravitons.

Oh well, my bad then, sorry about that.

Anyways, taking away one of the four fundamental forces of the universe still won't do anything good an it'll end up severely messed up.

Back