• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if!

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2014
    What if you were to get an Eevee and three different type of evolution stones (i.e. Thunder, water and fire). Then with the Three stones simultaneously touch the Eevee with them. What will happen. Will the Eevee EXPLODE? Would it not evolve? WHAT WOULD HAPPEN. THIS NEEDS TO BE ANSWERED NOW!

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    It would probably pick a stone and reject the others, as pokemon can touch them without evolving according to the anime.

Years
    I would like to think it would become an amalgam of all three. Electric-Water-Fire type, why not? It could have a fluffy red mane, pointy yellow fur and a fish tail.

Years
    Reminded of this:

What if!

I don't think I need to post the translations in order for y'all to know what's going on XD

I feel that Eevee will either not evolve, or it'll evolve into one of the three. However, it gaining parts from all three seems plausible, too. It'd be interesting if Nintendo touched upon that in the future, haha. Mega Eevee, maybe?

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
    Oh god what have you done cannot unsee

I agree most with eeveeandmew, because the thought of this was highly questionable. Like holding up three stones at the same time and choosing the one it wants most.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If we were to evolve Eevee with three evolution stones, I'd imagine it to evolve with three different typings. Unfortunately, latter doesn't exist, so it might not be an actual thing any time soon. Maybe they could still allow us to evolve the Pokémon this way, but have it gain only two types instead of three (depending on how you order the stones when using and whatnot)?

Nonetheless, this would be interesting, and I would very much like to see it, personally. More Eeveelutions there are, the better! They don't have to do this stuff with Eevee necessarily; it could be an entirely new Pokémon all together. I'm sure much people wouldn't mind, and neither would I.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    This exact scenario is brought up in the first season of the Pokemon anime. Team Rocket kidnaps an Eevee and decide to see what happens if three stones are used on it at one time. They're stopped before this happens.

The way I see it, the stones would just cancel each other out until one is left by itself. I view the evolutionary stones as emitting waves that cause the evolution. Rather than the waves combining to make a new 'super' wave I think they would just cause interference. It's like how the everstone blocks out other stones. It emits a frequency that prevents the evolution process.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    It's a cool idea - maybe eevee could get Tri-Attack based on what "form" persay it was involved into?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    It would probably begin evolving and then you would get the "What? It stopped evolving?" message as if you had pressed B. It is an interesting question, however. I wonder what would happen if you tried to evolve an Eevee at max happiness by the Moss rock. Would it evolve into Umbreon or Leafeon?

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    The way I see it, the stones would just cancel each other out until one is left by itself. I view the evolutionary stones as emitting waves that cause the evolution. Rather than the waves combining to make a new 'super' wave I think they would just cause interference. It's like how the everstone blocks out other stones. It emits a frequency that prevents the evolution process.
    This makes the most sense to me...

& @ Yato:
    That poor Eevee...

GoldfishHorde

Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!
    Years
    It would probably begin evolving and then you would get the "What? It stopped evolving?" message as if you had pressed B. It is an interesting question, however. I wonder what would happen if you tried to evolve an Eevee at max happiness by the Moss rock. Would it evolve into Umbreon or Leafeon?

I think it would evolve into Leafeon, since you leveled up at the Moss Rock. I think that, even though it levels up at Max Happiness, because it happened at the Moss Rock, it cancels out the possibility of evolving into Umbreon/Espeon and tries to evolve into Leafeon. Make sense? :P

On topic, I agree with eeveeandmew the most on this topic. Worst case scenario, all three evolution stones cancel each other out and break.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    Well, like many others, I think that it would just pick one stone and reject the others. But who knows? That little comic was pretty funny :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    This exact scenario is brought up in the first season of the Pokemon anime. Team Rocket kidnaps an Eevee and decide to see what happens if three stones are used on it at one time. They're stopped before this happens.

In the manga they succeed and the Eevee can morph into any of its evolutions but it's hurt a lot by doing so. :(

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Or Eevee could just reject you as a trainer for trying to stuff its face with too much chemically reactive stones.

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
    Years
    I think it will just pick one of them, if it wants to evolve that is.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I agree with Nai and the others. If it's just one stone, perhaps it has to struggle to not evolve if it doesn't want to. But if several stones come with some kind of radiation or something, it's probably the one that the pokémon feels the most connected with that takes precedence. If the pokémon feels like it wants to be a Flareon more than Jolteon or Vaporeon, the Fire Stone will work.

At least that's how I'd like to believe it works :3

Back