• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is mew

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    "When viewed through a microscope, this POKeMON's short, fine, delicate hair is seen."

Also I don't think that we can prove which came first if the game can't even say that Arceus really did create the universe or if mew really is the ancestor of all Pokemon.
    It's always maybes and myths.

bobbie246

Runner
    Years
    I would say....Gah! That's hard!
    He looks like he should like something, but doesn't at the same time....
    I give up, he looks like a human =D

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    *big picture* ~pokemon pearl~

What is mew

~Diamond/Pearl

you tell me which one came first
    Arceus' description just says it it existed before the universe, not before Mew. Maybe Mew existed before it too?
    Just because something's supposed to be a "god" doesn't mean it existed first. Jesus is considered god by the Christians, yet he wasn't the first living being, as far as I know.

Anyways, on-topic; Mew is a furless, pink, floating cat. The name pretty much tells you everything.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 25, 2009
    i think its a based on a baby human (not strictly an animal, i know)

This is because:
    in possibly all the generations its is seen with its eyes closed.. sleeping like a baby
    once again in possibly all generations its curled up in a ball.. like a baby in a womb

yes it has a tail but it seems to resemble an umbilical cord to me

SethAragorn

Survived your Post!
    Years
    Well you all saw the lucario movie where they save that crystal tree with the regies inside.
    Mew transforms into all possible pokemon trecko, ho oh and so on.
    So it has to be the first pokemon that was there.
    And my opinion is mew has an own species for itself which no other pokemon has..

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Well you all saw the lucario movie where they save that crystal tree with the regies inside.
    And my opinion is mew has an own species for itself which no other pokemon has..
    But, that movie came out before Arceus was out. Arceus isn't out yet, and Nintendo hasn't revealed the secrets of Arceus yet.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021

Mew may be that species or even Arceus.

i think its a based on a baby human (not strictly an animal, i know)

This is because:
    in possibly all the generations its is seen with its eyes closed.. sleeping like a baby
    once again in possibly all generations its curled up in a ball.. like a baby in a womb

yes it has a tail but it seems to resemble an umbilical cord to me

A fetus like I said. Which will be something eventually like the mommy saying to it, you can be whatever you want to be baby!
    Remember how Mewtwo was curled up in the movie when he was born. A natural instinct in his DNA to be in the fetal position.

Last edited:

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    Arceus' description just says it it existed before the universe, not before Mew. Maybe Mew existed before it too?
    Just because something's supposed to be a "god" doesn't mean it existed first. Jesus is considered god by the Christians, yet he wasn't the first living being, as far as I know.

Anyways, on-topic; Mew is a furless, pink, floating cat. The name pretty much tells you everything.

well cats arent hairless so how can it be a cat?

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    He is like a hairless cat with no claws and floats
    ....and there are some hairless cats just watch austin powers and look at Mr.Bigglesworth Search it on google

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Its obvious. Deriving it from its name - "Mew". It resembles a cat with pink membrane (Does it even have fur for that matter?) and has traits concerning that of a mouse. It's adorably mysterious...

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    BTW does any body know what that whole bubble thing at the beginning of the movie was all about?
    I just assume that's how mews were born into the world but it isn't very clear.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    BTW does any body know what that whole bubble thing at the beginning of the movie was all about?
    I just assume that's how mews were born into the world but it isn't very clear.

It was Protect I believe.

Back