• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is mew

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    There really is no legitimate proof of which one came first. I mean, if Arceus did create Mew, then Mew wouldn't contain the DNA of all Pokemon because it's missing Arceus's DNA. If Arceus was the one who gave birth to Mew, then Arceus would too contain the DNA of all Pokemon. But yeah, there's not enough of the story to determine which came first.

What is mew
    it is told in mythology that this pokemon was born before the universe exsisted
    ~pokemon pearl~

What is mew

becaust it can use all kinds of moves, many scientists belive mew to be the ancestor of all pokemon
    ~Diamond/Pearl

you tell me which one came first

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    No, Arceus created Mew. :P

Anyways, it looks like a Kangaroo Mouse (a type of mouse), since its face looks like it mouse's head. Its entire body looks exactly like that type of mouse also, and Mew sounds like Mouse (kinda, they just start with M). Although, it seems like a cat also, and sounds like Meow... It could be a bunny, which is an option.

Okay, maybe I should have put Earth in bold letters. Its the ancestor pokemon on Earth. Arceus does not live on Earth.

Brien

Epic Panda.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    I thought the Mew thing was obvious, japanese say Mew instead of meow, same us germans saying cows say Muh instead of moo :)

it is the genetic cat thing :D

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    as definied from pkmn diamond/pearl, arceus is the god of pokemon he created the world then dialga and palkia and so forth. so tech. me cant have all the dna of of all the pokemon in the world

No, you don't get it.
    I'm saying that maybe originally Arceus wasn't a Pokemon, maybe later after mew was created he used Mew's DNA to turn him self into a Pokemon.
    Also, he's not the god of Pokemon only god of the universe the Pokemon world is in.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    Pokemon would never add a god Pokemon. It would cause to many problems.

Also Mew is the Anscestor of ALL Pokemon. Just because it states that Arceus created the Universe. Doesn't mean Arceus came first.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    Mew is an extremely adorable cat with pink fur *or skin* and big paws. And it's special because it holds the basic DNA to create a Pokémon I think.. Something like that

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I tink the best answer has ben a fetus so thats what I think it is.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Mew is the result of an experiment long time ago, not by humans but whoever they are they're truly geniuses. Mew is a pokemon that has practically all the deoxyribonucleic acids of all the pokemon, including Arceus himself. To this day, no one has ever found out the true purpose of Mew.

Back