• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what is one thing in pokemon you would get rid of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2013
    it could be a pokemon, (luvdics)
    feature,(voltorb flip)
    anything you would want to get rid of in pokemon

New:
    sadly i can already think of more for the 5th gen for the last 4 combined, (dream world...really, an whats with Gear?)

Last edited:
    Years
    Trade Evos. All pokemon are good for something or other (even if it's just a few lame jokes on how bad it is) and almost anything else can be ignored. Trade evolutions, though? Can't stand them.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    I would get rid of the trade evolutions. I wanted a kingdra so bad on my Emerald that i trained my Seadra to level 100. Then i discovered it needs to be traded. T^T I don't want to buy two GBAs,and i have no friends with pokemon games.

Years
    I HATE having so many HMs! And they KEEP COMING. Seriously, besides surf and sometimes fly and occasionally cut, I never have the HM I need in my party so I always have to go back to a PC to get a pokemon that I don't like to use that's just loaded with HMs.
    Seriously, what are they going to have in gen 5? Wall scaling and lock picking?

rockets>u

The Champion of on-and-off
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    Get rid of EV.

People will start having fun again instead of wasting days trying to get a perfect pokemon.

Ayselipera

For me it would be certain Pokemon, I don't know if that's counted as one, but it's all I can really think of that bothers me. There are just some Pokemon that constantly annoy me that I would love to wipe away from the Pokemon Franchise. Speaking of which I think it would be kind of cool to pick which Pokemon appear in your game. Just a thought~

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Get rid of EV.

People will start having fun again instead of wasting days trying to get a perfect pokemon.

People who EV-train actually enjoy it, if at least for how it pays off. They do have fun, just in a different and more calculated way. Competitive battlers wouldn't battle competitively if they didn't like doing it.

I would eliminate the current HM system. Not HMs as a whole, since they do add to the game experience and whatnot. I just hate having to store away Pokemon on my in-game teams to make room for HM Slaves, or having to organize my teams differently to make sure I can use every HM. When it starts infringing on that sort of thing it annoys the hell out of me.

... That or Magmortar and Electivire.

Years
    I'd get rid of event pokemon, it sucks to finish your pokedex to find out you still need that one pokemon, you had to go overseas for, or if you only you had WiFi you could of gotten that nice mew, i hate that :(

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    HMs, too much.
    Evolving through trade, getting old.
    using vs. seeker to rebattle, getting old
    cycling road, old! It hasn't been upgraded in any of the generations. Just get rid of it if it's just there as a filler.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    I would get rid of ev training. or just evs. Its a pain in my but to train my pokemon against a hundred of the same pokemon like their drones.

Technically speaking they are... but you dont have to make it feel like that.

Giving 10 proteins ect. I can understand but I mean cmon suprise me... Give something a bit more random than manipulatable evs.

rockets>u

The Champion of on-and-off
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    People who EV-train actually enjoy it, if at least for how it pays off. They do have fun, just in a different and more calculated way. Competitive battlers wouldn't battle competitively if they didn't like doing it.

I would eliminate the current HM system. Not HMs as a whole, since they do add to the game experience and whatnot. I just hate having to store away Pokemon on my in-game teams to make room for HM Slaves, or having to organize my teams differently to make sure I can use every HM. When it starts infringing on that sort of thing it annoys the hell out of me.

... That or Magmortar and Electivire.

I disagree with the competitive battling argument, since competitive battling existed before Gen 3 too.

Each to their own I guess, I am not competitive when it comes to video games, maybe it is just me.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'd get rid of gimmick Pokemon (such as Chatot, Spinda or Farfetch'd). Most of the time, they're not worth using IMO.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I disagree with the competitive battling argument, since competitive battling existed before Gen 3 too.

Each to their own I guess, I am not competitive when it comes to video games, maybe it is just me.

EVs existed prior to GenIII too, except it wasn't limited to only being able to max out two stats. One could theoretically max out all stats, and competitive battles operated under the assumption that one had done so already, similar to how one assumes perfect IVs in the current metagame. ;P

I'd do away with events. They're pointless and artificially inflate the trade value of relatively mundane pokemon. You know what I did with the event Jirachi I got off wifi last month? Erased along with the rest of my old HG file. I don't care for pokedex completion. XD

Sewzie

Too sexy for my shirt.
    Years
    Probably the hats that always go with the main characters' designs. I'd want to play as some hat-less hero for once, tbh. =D

BartCiao

It has always been Pokemon :)
    Years
    I'd get rid of gimmick Pokemon (such as Chatot, Spinda or Farfetch'd). Most of the time, they're not worth using IMO.

I LOVE them! At least, some of them. And all Pokemon are worth using if you love them! I really can pown with my Dunsparce, but not in competitive play... But I don't care about that. I just use the pokemon I love:D

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today

Wait what? Competitive battlers have been battling since the days of R/B/Y and having fun with it. I used to battle competitively since I played Blue, and didn't fully get into it until G/S/C. Sure, those I battled against didn't use EV training, but we still had fun doing it.

So yeah, people have fun playing video games in their own way.

As for anything I would get rid of in Pokemon: trade evolutions. While Nintendo apparently likes to think that Pokemon players are social, some of us were stuck without anyone to trade with for years. I could never complete my Pokedex without cheating in Blue because of the lack of people to trade with. And that annoyed me more than the version exclusives, because that was understandable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back