• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the stupidest thing you've done to your computer?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Obviously...

-Using a computer without knowing anything about the computer

Duh, you can't beat that one.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    On my old laptop I accidentally left the CD tray open then I accidentally kicked it and made it snap.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Cooked hard drive and DVD drive with bad IDE Cable
    Cooked 128MB Gfx Card when improperly installing it.
    About a million things at work fixing computers.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    On a previous computer (laptop) I spilt orange-juice on it and broke it.
    On my own computer (desktop) I've pulled the plug out without turning it off numerous times.
    On this computer (laptop) I've probably done many trivial things, such as break Adobe Reader, which my father has since fixed.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Probably reinstalling Windows on it.

That is certainly my mistake (or my bloody step-father not allowing anything Mac in his house. Oh I can't wait for another month to pass and be out of his house...).

I've wiped my entire harddrive once by force shutting down my computer once (by holding the button, etc.). Cursed Windows.

I've also known someone who let someone else (who we know for warrior-like lack of intelligence and clumsiness) use their laptop while eating hot soup. Needless to say, the lappie got a soup bath, and the one who spilled the food began prying the keys away to try and wipe the hot soup off of the chips inside. Not the brightest thing...

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Well...I had a laptop that I spilled Iced tea on like...umm....3 times and it was left on the floor by my brother...(i wanted to kill him) and my dad stepped on it and messed up the monitor....then another time I dropped it and it's harddrive...wich was interchangeable and happened to be conncted to a small panel on the laptop's outer case got jarred loose...Miraculously it still worked....But the absolute worse thing I did was lock myself out of the administrator account(it was running windows 2000 Pro)
    I had a power user Account so it didnt hinder my usage of the computer much.
    Oddly enough the data on it's harddrive is still intact...but...well...I'll just say that my brother has busted it up after the battery quit working...so the only thing left that still works is the hard drive on it...XDD
    Yeah..If I could just plug it in and plug in a monitor and mouse and keyboard i could recover the files in a snap! but i'm too lazeh to do that anyhow and the files on it are like umz....years old...and umm...useless...XDDD

Back