• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the worst thing about school?

What is the worst part about school?

• Total voters

Caina

Nankurunaisa
    Years
    I have voted others. So, the worst thing in school for me is the....

" GRADING SYSTEM "

Yes! that one. I can survive with home works, teachers, rumors, but the grading system here sucks...

You ask why? I'll give ya an example.

Example you have a quiz, a 10 item quiz, then you only get...lets say... 5. And the grading system here is " ZERO BASED " . So the equivalent of 5 is... 3.75%... gee, that's not even passing grade. In order to pass, you need a score of 8. The grading system works like this,to know the passing score, first get the total number of items and multiply it by .75 and then round off. So you really need to study hard this school year.... ( well, that's in our country ) ...

Unlike last year which is " AVERAGING " ... man... that was the easiest grading system.

Kimichi-sama

Been a long time...
    Years
    Definately the stupid rumors and the bullies.

-Rumors are stupid. If they're true, the person they're about gets bashed by the other kids and gets depressed or whatever. If they aren't true, you feel like an idiot for telling people and the person hates you if they know you were spreading it. I hate them.

-Bullies make me sick. They only pick on people because they're lfe sucks or they want to impress people. It's not funny and it's not cool. The right thing to do is to help someone who's being bullied. And I've been bullied because I got moved into an advanced class. I serious wanted to kill myself, even though I was happy I got into the class.

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    The worst thing for me is Gym. I absolutely hate Gym. We have to change into Gym uniforms, change out of Gym uniforms, they make us do stupid stuff like idiotic dances like the Cha-Cha Slide or whatever, people talk too much, it's too social-based, the list goes on forever.

Also, the amount of idiotic pointless stuff I have to do sometimes. Stupid little parties and crap, assignments that grate on nerves by how pointless they are, stuff like that.

And people. People are one of the worst things ever. There's definitely too many of them, and most of them are conceited prissy idiots that think they can do whatever they want. And one person tried to convert me, for crying out loud. All I did was tell her I didn't believe in God and she goes all off about how great he is and that I should believe in him and that he saved my life twice and all other sorts of crap. I tell somebody I almost died in water twice, she says, "God saved you," and then for the next three days she goes off asking people if they believe in God and telling everyone I don't believe in God. It's horrible.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    I hate the homework and some of the teachers

but he have one teacher named mr. fish. he is awesome! he plays mario kart!

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    to me... it would have to be...
    the effin homework! :(
    u r not normal if u like homework. it deprives me of sum free time. if homework never existed, then maybe i'll like school a little better.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    My peers. Seriously. The guy who thought it was a good idea to put a bunch of cynical, horny, lazy, self-conscious drunken teenagers in one building for 8 hours is a freakin' idiot.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I think they should do away with homework and let students have more personal responsibility on learning the subject....but that's just me =P

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    The homework load is the worst thing that school entails. If it were not for homework, I would completely love school...
    Personally, I don't see the point in giving out so much. I completely support studying as that is a must in education, however; do we really need all of this pointless practice? Half the time our teacher's simply give us homework to add more grades in the system, that's it. There really is no point to it more than half the time. -.-

I suppose people could argue saying that it helps motivate students who wouldn't do practice problems on their own in order to study, but my rebuttal to that is simply this: Why even try to make them? If they aren't going to show any intuitive now, what makes their parent's think they're going to change their ways in the future? This is especially the case when we are dealing with High School.

So, short answer; homework is the most annoying part of school.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Morning train.

Seriously whoever designed the Japanese train systems need to rethink their designs.
    It's that bad. Not to mention the train being late from time to time due to people committing suicide via jumping into incoming trains.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Certain teachers that I've had have made my experience awful. While I've had plenty of good teachers, I usually end up with at least one teacher per year who doesn't teach and grades on a whim. When that happens, I feel like I'm wasting my time, both in the classroom and when doing homework, which is exteremly frustrating.

Homework also takes up too much time, especially on weekends or holidays. Some homework is fine, but when teachers assign busywork, it really gets to me.

Another problem at my school is that there aren't enough seats in the cafeteria for lunch, nor is there enough food to last for the entire lunch period. We have three lunch shifts, and if you have the third shift, there's rarely any food left.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, I just hate school itself. Plain and simple. There's so many things I hate about it but I would rather choose that.

pokeretard

My 2 fav types in one Pokemon!
    Years
    what i hate about school is homework we go home to play video games not do work that we can do at school!

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Sep 6, 2008
    I hated my first school thanks to the year 3-4 teacher she told me off saying that if i don't stop being so smart and answering the questions I would be made to sit alone away from my friends, and then my year 5-6 teacher was teaching us how to hold a pen at age 10-11... i left the school 2 weeks after the summer holidays but my friend said that teacher continued to teach how to hold a pen till november...

So that's why I hated it

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Homework and exams.

Homework - I am terrible with. I've had a summer essau and I've only just started it (I go back tomorrow...) I leave EVERYTHING to the last minute because I cannot do it before. I honestly can't. It's like I need the stress for motivation or something. Which then means I cut corners and am stressed for the rest of the holiday because I wonder when I'm going to bother to start.

Exams - I've really began to realise this, but it is the exam that is important, not that you keep the information with you. For the year before last, last year and this year, it's all about exams. GCSE, AS and A levels. There's an expression my sociology teacher told us "the teachers fill you up with water and the students spill it over the paper". Meaning you remember it for the exam, but once it's gone onto the paper, you forget it forever...seems kinda true because I can hardly remember anything from maths and science now. It's not motivating at all.

If I was still in senior school I would've said PE because I wasn't competitive and hated it...but I can't really complain because we just sat around and did nothing in Year 10 and 11, we just sat around XD

College is much better, no maths, science, RE or PE!

Kitty-Kat

Shirley Huge Chest
    Years
    What I hate about school in general is how much TIME it spent there =[ Especially if you're in afterschool activities [like Drama Club x.x] You don't get very much time at home at ALL to spend with your family, and then you get even less time at home because of all the homework they give you.

However, what I hate about my school in particular is this new program they have called "Career Pathways", where they assume you know nothing about your future and try to "help" you plan your future by giving a million different impossible assignments with a certain teacher, whose room you don't even know how to get to [if you're me... ^^;] and then tell you that you need it to graduate! D= It stresses me out so badly... And this is my senior year. I wanted this to be an easy year [aside from the applying to colleges and scholarships part...]

Years
    As a person who really likes school, it's kind of hard to choose, but I think I'll say teachers. Teachers can make your material exciting and easy to learn, even if the class subject sounds boring as hell, or they can make you want to sleep through class.

Although homework is a pain... I see the point of it, though, so I hesitate calling it the worst thing about school.

Years
    A lot of stuff in school pissed me off.

Calculus
    - Why do I need to learn something I will never use once in my life?

History
    - I really don't need to learn all this stuff I won't remember once I graduate from School.

Science
    - Again, why do I need to know something I won't use unless I become just that, a Scientist.

Teachers, but only some of them. There is that odd teacher who is actually pretty cool.

That's about it.

Last edited:
    Back