• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is this again...? (like it was only yesterday)

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    If you could, do you guys have any video games that you'd wish that you'd have your memory wiped clean of playing them, thus, you'd play them from a clean slate all over again?

In other words, what video games games would want to relive the experience of playing them for the first time?

For example, I would like to relive the experience of playing the Ace Attorney games for the first time. I mean, you'd already know everything about each game after playing them and beating them once, so, it'd be nice to figure out each question, new clue, and be surprised by every plot twist again~

TY

I'd like to relive Borderlands, suprising myself that I actually like the game despite me saying I wouldn't like the game before I bought it.

Then again I'm not so sure if I actually want this to happen to me, cause I don't really have a game in which a second playthrough does a lot of harm if you know what to do.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories is one game I think about this a lot for. I'm not sure why but I was so, so enthralled by the mystery of Namine in this game the first time I played it. Sure there are much greater mysteries in the series now but there was something about COM that drew me in so much and I would love to experience that again. It was also back before revisiting a lot of worlds in KH had lost its charm and the series wasn't as complicated so all the twists really gripped you and I used to think about it a lot... whereas now I kind of just get to a confusing part in a game and go "well, I'm sure I'll probably figure it out eventually or else the answer isn't even in this game so I'll just press on." (And then get stuck thinking about it indefinitely while waiting for a sequel but still... COM was back before this was my approach! :P)

I usually put Ace Attorney games on the list, but I recently replayed the first trilogy after not having played the second or third games in a very long time, and I found I'd forgotten enough that with some cases I really had no clue what the outcome was. Once or twice the murderer showed up and I still looked at them like "who the heck is this!?" I guess there was still always a point where everything clicked and I went "oh yeaaah, I think [x] is how it happened" but I have a suspicion that that might have been the point when I originally played where I would think "oh, I wonder if [x] is what really happened..." :P In all I was pleasantly surprised with how much I'd forgotten and I'm really looking forward to playing AA4 again since I've played that game even less than the others so it'll probably feel brand new!

Years
    Probably any of the older FF games (9 and below). I know there are some that I like replaying (or trying to replay again), but I can never end up finishing them even if I never have before since it's like...I've done this before at some point, now I'm kind of bored already.

Hm, maybe Legend of Dragoon, yeah sure I only really played it last year, but that was still a nice feeling of "whoa this is awesome what have I been missing all of this time?!" Kinda wouldn't mind having that feeling again, haha.

Most of what I could list are various rpgs, really. There's just...little reason for me to go back to them once I know how the story goes, sadly.

ACTUALLY WAIT I KNOW ONE. Skyward Sword! I definitely wish I could forget what I've played or at least seen of it since I watched someone else beat it before I could, and then my own interest to do so disappeared because I'd already seen what happened. >:( And if I had no memories of that, then I would have the desire to actually finish it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Any of my favourite games. I have replayed far too many times to count. But that magical feeling the first time you play it just cannot be recaptured. The little something that hooked you. The sense of wonder and discover.

If I had to pick one... it would be pretty cool to play a Pokemon game and know nothing of the franchise.

Yukari

I'd have to say To the Moon. (I seem to be mentioning this game quite a bit lately.)

To the Moon has possibly the best story I've ever seen in a video game. ...But a second or third playthrough isn't the same since you already know everything that happens. If I could I would gladly experience playing that game for the first tine again.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Definitely Minecraft. The most fun I had in that game was figuring out how things worked. This is partly why I love playing with Minecraft mods :D

Though I'd love to have my memory of the classic Final Fantasy games purely so that I can replay them for the plot. Hehe.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I've had this thought several times about Portal 2. The story and gameplay of that is just so awesome I'd want to play it for the first time again, since once you've beaten it once most playthroughs are the same because it's puzzles. Especially the Co-op is awesome for the first time.

Twilight Princess would be awesome as well!

Years
    Crisis Core, without a doubt, would play that ten times over if each time my memory fades away after completing a playthrough.

Generally, any game that had my emotions creeping up and surprising me would be my pick so that would also include The Last of Us, Final Fantasy X, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and probably a couple others that I can't recall at the moment.

Years
    The entire Kingdom Hearts series so that I could play through it all in chronological order. I think that would alter my perception of the games so dramatically and make things really interesting.
    Also, all of the Legend of Zelda games I've played through.

Back