• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm going to agree with Don here. Looks like you got some wear on the top corners and the back clearly shows some damage. That would be played condition for sure.

But hey, still a really awesome find! I recommend getting that bad boy into a proper sleeve. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I actually have a pricing question! I've got a small handful of cards I'm looking to sell/trade at an upcoming event in my area and I'm looking for some feedback on how much a fair price would be. The cards are as follows:

Spoiler:

Would it be reasonable to sell these for about $20? I shot low on many of the estimates since online pricing is never 100% accurate, but I'd like to know if y'all would consider this a fair price for these cards. Willing to go to down to $15 for my buyer / trader (but he doesn't know that, aha).

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 26, 2019
I have a shadowless booster pack that I noticed has a different foil seal pattern/look than the other shadowless ones i own...

wondering if i got a fake reseal *or* maybe the foil seals vary in shadowless packs...?

I will post pics once i get enough posts.

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Years
I have a shadowless booster pack that I noticed has a different foil seal pattern/look than the other shadowless ones i own...

wondering if i got a fake reseal *or* maybe the foil seals vary in shadowless packs...?

I will post pics once i get enough posts.

Thank you in advance

Try uploading a picture of the seal as an attachment?

I actually have a pricing question! I've got a small handful of cards I'm looking to sell/trade at an upcoming event in my area and I'm looking for some feedback on how much a fair price would be. The cards are as follows:

Spoiler:

Would it be reasonable to sell these for about $20? I shot low on many of the estimates since online pricing is never 100% accurate, but I'd like to know if y'all would consider this a fair price for these cards. Willing to go to down to $15 for my buyer / trader (but he doesn't know that, aha).

$20 may be a bit high. TCGPlayer has that Rotom at $1.41 for market price.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 26, 2019
I dont see an option for uploading attachments 😳and full editor seems to be down atm

Also obviously I dont quite understand the respond action ....sorry about that

Here's a pic of the cards, the one on the left (top) is the one in question, i see others online for sale with the same foil seal pattern but since its the only one i have that looks like that (out of 6) I just want to make sure.

https://imgur.com/jAwvdDs

thanks to whoever can help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
$20 may be a bit high. TCGPlayer has that Rotom at $1.41 for market price.

I know, right?! As soon as I saw that $10 price on EVO Merchant: Teppi for Rotom I was like, no, that's not even remotely possible. So I calculated it as $1.00 in my count. $20 would be my ideal, but $15 I think is more realistic. But since I'll be haggling my goal is to get more than my money's worth, haha. ;)

Also @Frowg, please try not to double post. There's an edit option in the bottom right corner.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 14, 2019
Munchlax CHICAGO09

Hi everyone,
I just found out that I'm in possesion of a Munchlax Chicago 09 pokemon card. It is a limited edition card and I believe that only six of them are made. Does anyone have more information about this card and it's estimated worth? Pls let me know!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hi everyone,
I just found out that I'm in possesion of a Munchlax Chicago 09 pokemon card. It is a limited edition card and I believe that only six of them are made. Does anyone have more information about this card and it's estimated worth? Pls let me know!
Merged your thread with the appropriate one.

Okay, so yes, we can confirm there was a Rising Rivals Munchlax (69/111) that was released at a TPCI annual distribution meeting in Chicago, 2009. Yes, there is believed to be only six of them. However, I was unable to find any information in regards to pricing on any of my usual collector's search engines. Not even a picture.

What I HIGHLY recommend is you get that thing into a sleeve, another sleeve, another sleeve, a hard case, and then a lockbox. But, for just a moment before that, take a picture for us. Let us confirm your card has its unique Chicago 09 marking. Then, IMMEDIATELY go to this website. That is PSA's card grading service site and they will grade your card and authenticate it manually. It's a very trusted source and will not only verify the legitimacy of your card, but give your card protection and greatly increase the value.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Can someone tell me how much approximately these cards are worth altogether?

https://imgur.com/gallery/chaXhf3
Hi normie6, I merged your thread with the appropriate one. Please try not to make duplicates in the future! :)

When I'm not on mobile I'll check out your link. Good luck!

EDIT: Well, normie6, since you deleted your post it's a little hard to follow up with you. But I hope you see this anyway!

What I can say is that you're going to need to take much closer and better pictures of your cards if you want us to help you determine value. Right now, they look to be in fairly poor condition, as many appear quite curved, played, and bent. That Mew EX (RC24/RC25) You got there could run up to $12. But without knowing the condition, it could easily go as low as $5. The Rainbow Rare Solgaleo GX (155/149) could go for $20, but played it might only fetch $11. Prices can be real fickle and without accurate pictures to compare them, you really can't ask for top dollar. :/

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 4, 2019
Hi normie6, I merged your thread with the appropriate one. Please try not to make duplicates in the future! :)

When I'm not on mobile I'll check out your link. Good luck!

EDIT: Well, normie6, since you deleted your post it's a little hard to follow up with you. But I hope you see this anyway!

What I can say is that you're going to need to take much closer and better pictures of your cards if you want us to help you determine value. Right now, they look to be in fairly poor condition, as many appear quite curved, played, and bent. That Mew EX (RC24/RC25) You got there could run up to $12. But without knowing the condition, it could easily go as low as $5. The Rainbow Rare Solgaleo GX (155/149) could go for $20, but played it might only fetch $11. Prices can be real fickle and without accurate pictures to compare them, you really can't ask for top dollar. :/

Thanks

tdacey24

Master of Them Poke's
Years
  • Age 28
  • NJ
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Hey guys,

So a buddy of mine has a tempest gift box still sealed from a while back, and I was wondering what the price on these things are today. I honestly haven't seen one of these even sold or for sale in around two years that wasn't opened. Thanks for any input!

Years
Hey guys,

So a buddy of mine has a tempest gift box still sealed from a while back, and I was wondering what the price on these things are today. I honestly haven't seen one of these even sold or for sale in around two years that wasn't opened. Thanks for any input!

I see one that sold for $200 US in the USA back in May that seems to be fully sealed, one in the UK that went for 200 GBP on June 5th, and one from France that went for 204 Euro on June 13th, all claiming to be sealed, under eBay's Sold Listings.

Does that help at all?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
^Compare the feel and thickness to confirmed legit cards too.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 17, 2022
Hi everyone,

I have just realized that I have a Hitmonlee, Fossil, non-holo, 1ste edition, 7/62, with a different background in my collection. It is blue, with yellow rings. Does anybody recognize this? Is it a misprint or just fake?
I would have liked to post a photo, but I first have to have made at least 5 posts.

Thank you in advance.

You can find a picture at: i.imgur.com and then /ODe7eov.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hi everyone,

I have just realized that I have a Hitmonlee, Fossil, non-holo, 1ste edition, 7/62, with a different background in my collection. It is blue, with yellow rings. Does anybody recognize this? Is it a misprint or just fake?
I would have liked to post a photo, but I first have to have made at least 5 posts.

Thank you in advance.

You can find a picture at: i.imgur.com and then /ODe7eov.jpg

Hey there! Just to let you know I merged your posts. :)

So, I'm not sure what to make of our Hitmonlee there, but I'm inclined to think it's a fake.

No Base Set, non-holo Hitmonlee has been reprinted, let alone with that kind of background on it, that I can find. And it looks to me like the perimeter of the image (of Hitmonlee and the background, I mean) doesn't actually line up with the card's border. If that makes sense. Hitmonlee's hand and foot seem to also have been cropped from, what I assume is, the original image. Overall the card just doesn't look right to me and I'm willing to bet you're dealing with a counterfeit. Still a neat find though!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 17, 2022
That is such a shame, I was hoping you would tell me that this card is really rare. Thank you for your quick response.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'll keep doing research because I specialize in pre e-series cards, but on initial inspection I just can't source it. Doesn't mean it wasn't released at some point though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back