• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hi Again,

I also wondered how much my Base set Charizard card is worth, It's really damaged.
    I found it in a bin, it was in two pieces so I glued it back together.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSCN4660.jpg
      DSCN4660.jpg
      467.5 KB · Views: 6
    • DSCN4659.jpg
      DSCN4659.jpg
      446 KB · Views: 9
    Years
  • i know these ex cards are real i just wont to know how much money they are worth?

Full Art Blastoise EX (142/146): $8 to $12.
    Base Set Blastoise: $7 to $11.
    Blastoise EX (29/146): $2 to $4.
    Wailord EX (38/160): $2 to $4.
    Snorlax Lv X: $6 to $10.
    Dialga EX: $2 to $4.

Hi Again,

I also wondered how much my Base set Charizard card is worth, It's really damaged.
    I found it in a bin, it was in two pieces so I glued it back together.

Thanks

In that condition, you'd be lucky to get any more than $0.25 for it. It's functionally worthless because it's been glued back together. 99% of collectors aren't even going to consider buying it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2017
    So, while I have no idea what to call it, its contents are the 4 theme decks from the Base Set.5 Unfortunately, nobody seems to have any to gauge the price by. Each deck is going for about $40 to $50 each on their own, though, so maybe $320?

Hey thanks for the info.

Years
  • Hi Again,

Could you please tell me how much are these worth? I think they are the best cards I got.
    They're definitely genuine. They are also in mint condition.
    Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it :)

Attachments

• DSCN4665.JPG
      DSCN4665.JPG
      522.9 KB · Views: 7
    • DSCN4668.JPG
      DSCN4668.JPG
      536.8 KB · Views: 5
    • DSCN4669.JPG
      DSCN4669.JPG
      596.3 KB · Views: 4
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2017
    hi i know that they are real i am just wondering how much these cards are worth ? thanks

Attachments

• blastoise gx cards 004.jpg
      blastoise gx cards 004.jpg
      460.4 KB · Views: 3
    • blastoise gx cards 005.jpg
      blastoise gx cards 005.jpg
      415.3 KB · Views: 3
    • blastoise gx cards 006.jpg
      blastoise gx cards 006.jpg
      428.5 KB · Views: 3
    Years
  • Hi Again,

Could you please tell me how much are these worth? I think they are the best cards I got.
    They're definitely genuine. They are also in mint condition.
    Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it :)

Mewtwo * (gold star): Kind of all over the map for singles. Seems to be fetching anywhere between $35 and $100.
    Full Art Darkrai EX XY Breakpoint: All over the $15 to $25 range.
    Rayquaza C Lv. X Platinum Supreme Victors: $15 to $20.

hi i know that they are real i am just wondering how much these cards are worth ? thanks

Base Set Gyarados (Shadowed): $2 to $4 normally, $1 to $3 with the way that back looks.
    Slowking (prime): $1 to $3.
    Chesnaught BREAK: $1 to $2.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    i opened several offical rising guardian packs today and got 2 reverse hollow 105/145 castforms however one is silver and one is gold. please find them attached i placed them side by side. id like to know if its a known error and if it could be worth anything

Attachments

• 20170825_234141.jpg
      20170825_234141.jpg
      928.8 KB · Views: 9
    Years
  • i opened several offical rising guardian packs today and got 2 reverse hollow 105/145 castforms however one is silver and one is gold. please find them attached i placed them side by side. id like to know if its a known error and if it could be worth anything

That seems within the range of tolerated color variances for colorless types so I don't think it's a misprint or an error.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2017
    Help! Weird error polywrath

I've searched the internet and can't find any other card like it. Has anyone seen or have any information on this card?

Attachments

• IMG_0143.jpg
      IMG_0143.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 14
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Sep 2, 2017
    Potential Valuable Cards

Good morning all in the pokemon community lol i have had a book filled with pokemon cards from 20 years ago that i have been holding on to and tried to maintain their original condition. My question to the experts are, given the list i'm about to give of just some of the pokemon cards i think are valuable, do you think so too. would anyone be interested in them? are these worth getting PSA graded? is this website or another website be the place to sell them to avoid fees or stuff like that? any comments/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Also my reasons as to why i think some of them are valuable vary from either they're first editions, have the star on the bottom left corner, Japanese cards, numbers are close to 1 (eg: 3/85) , seen them online and they're asking for thousands.

(update: i didn't know i could only post 5 pictures. i have much more i want to show and get opinions on)

some of the cards i have are

Attachments

• IMG_0787.jpg
      IMG_0787.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 5
    • IMG_0794.jpg
      IMG_0794.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 2
    • IMG_0795.jpg
      IMG_0795.jpg
      1,003.7 KB · Views: 2
    • IMG_0793.jpg
      IMG_0793.jpg
      1,014.3 KB · Views: 1
    • IMG_0789.jpg
      IMG_0789.jpg
      972.2 KB · Views: 2
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    How much is my 1999 Charmeleon worth?

Hi all!
    I just found my old Pokemon card collection from years ago and wanted to sell them. So I checked out eBay and saw that the prices for especially my Charmeleon card from 1999 went from 1 to 4000 dollars! Could anybody please help me decide how much my card is worth?

Attachments

• IMG-1296.jpg
      IMG-1296.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 2
    Years
  • Good morning all in the pokemon community lol i have had a book filled with pokemon cards from 20 years ago that i have been holding on to and tried to maintain their original condition. My question to the experts are, given the list i'm about to give of just some of the pokemon cards i think are valuable, do you think so too. would anyone be interested in them? are these worth getting PSA graded? is this website or another website be the place to sell them to avoid fees or stuff like that? any comments/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Also my reasons as to why i think some of them are valuable vary from either they're first editions, have the star on the bottom left corner, Japanese cards, numbers are close to 1 (eg: 3/85) , seen them online and they're asking for thousands.

(update: i didn't know i could only post 5 pictures. i have much more i want to show and get opinions on)

some of the cards i have are

I'll get to your cards tomorrow evening. I've been busy the last few days and only have time for one card right now.

Hi all!
    I just found my old Pokemon card collection from years ago and wanted to sell them. So I checked out eBay and saw that the prices for especially my Charmeleon card from 1999 went from 1 to 4000 dollars! Could anybody please help me decide how much my card is worth?

Hi, I've moved your post to the appropriate thread for these types of questions.

Less than $1 is its value. Seriously. Those listings on eBay are asking prices rather than prices they actually sell for. You need to specifically select "sold listings" on the left side of the web page to get the listings that have sold.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2017
    Pokemon Card Identification

I got these cards from someone getting rid of their collection. The info I have on these is as follows:

They got these cards from their dad when he was in Japan about 17-18 yrs ago. The cards came as a set of 78... all cards are there. They all show 1st Edition and are Holographic - I see the "R" is for a Team Rocket set. I also know they are from the Wizards of the Coast card company.
    As you can see from the pics the card fronts seem offset and have a brick looking background (vs plain color background that early sets have), you can see Pokemon evolutions are wrong (some are correct). Many, but not all, Pokemon names are the Japanese/American names, yet their pre-evolution (right above the Japanese name) shows their true American name (like from Squirtle to Yamikarasu).
    Across the bottom it reads:
    Illus. Mitsuhiro. Arita 1995.96.98 Nintendo.Creatures.GAMEFREAK. 1999-2000 Wizards. #/78*
    I can get more info if needed, just looking for further info, what set, are these rare, fakes, or misprints, etc. and if they have any potential value/worth. Thanks all!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      436.5 KB · Views: 11
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      487.9 KB · Views: 6
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      368.7 KB · Views: 8
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      476.7 KB · Views: 5
    Years
  • I got these cards from someone getting rid of their collection. The info I have on these is as follows:

They got these cards from their dad when he was in Japan about 17-18 yrs ago. The cards came as a set of 78... all cards are there. They all show 1st Edition and are Holographic - I see the "R" is for a Team Rocket set. I also know they are from the Wizards of the Coast card company.
    As you can see from the pics the card fronts seem offset and have a brick looking background (vs plain color background that early sets have), you can see Pokemon evolutions are wrong (some are correct). Many, but not all, Pokemon names are the Japanese/American names, yet their pre-evolution (right above the Japanese name) shows their true American name (like from Squirtle to Yamikarasu).
    Across the bottom it reads:
    Illus. Mitsuhiro. Arita 1995.96.98 Nintendo.Creatures.GAMEFREAK. 1999-2000 Wizards. #/78*
    I can get more info if needed, just looking for further info, what set, are these rare, fakes, or misprints, etc. and if they have any potential value/worth. Thanks all!

Welcome! I've moved your post to the appropriate thread for these types of questions.

These are all poorly done counterfeits and were made to take advantage of people who didn't know any better during the initial Pokemon craze, such as your friend/acquaintance's father. They don't have any value outside of anyone that's looking to collect unusual counterfeits.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2017
    Not sure if this is the right thread to post this. But here it goes. I got this Charizard Legendary Collection Reverse Holo recently and the card is in great shape. There is a line in the holo going down the side, near the set logo on the right. I've found very little info on this 'error ' and was hoping someone could help me with it. Thank you.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2017
    D40ED5A9-9FDE-4E55-A481-535BD88F3F86_zpspsxegmz4.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back