• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favorite Gen and why?

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
    V had to grow on me, but it's become my favorite generation by a huge margin in nearly every category. BW's choice in forcing you to only use new Pokemon made it feel like a fresh take on what I once saw as a tired franchise, and the polish to the mechanics made it feel like the smoothest Pokemon experience ever. The plot that expanded during the gen was surprisingly developed and had its special moments. Not to mention the amazing soundtrack, which I only find beaten by Generation VI.

The best game in the series, to me, is Black 2/White 2, even if they aren't my favorite in the series.

Gen III and V for me. Hoenn seems to be universally loved lately (almost as if it's some sort of bandwagon, haha) but Unova I especially adore for the cool region design and awesome story/NPCs. Seems like I'm in the minority that thought it introduced really awesome-looking Pokemon, too.. just can't help but love this region so I'm always sad knowing it was so underrated. B/W and B/W2 were soso good.

soo my ranking:
    Gen III = Gen V > Gen II > Gen VI > Gen IV > Gen I

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
    Gen II i guess, i really love the day and night time system, just like real life. Plus, it's my very first pokemon game that i played. There's a lot of fun memories when playing it and i really enjoy it. 8)

Years
    2nd Gen will forever be my favourite.

To this day I haven't replayed any Pokémon game as much as Silver, it just had infinite replay value. There's a lot of nostalgia behind my choice but there are other reasons such as Gold being one of my favourite protagonists, Johto having my favourite starters, the day/night system, the phone!, the Bug-Catching contest, the 2 regions, the music, Lance as Champion, the introduction of the Dark type and so much more :)

Back