• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHat is your favorite program in your Computer?

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    • Firefox - Open all the time
    • Winamp - Open all the time
    • Photoshop - Open all the time
    • Vlc
    • Vuze

Years
    - Opera Web Browser
    - Winamp Media Player
    - Adobe Photoshop
    - Recuva (For restore files from purge deleted)
    - Google Chrome
    - CCleaner (For clean the junk files)
    - Bittorent

And there are so many favorite program in my computer.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    I guess Adium, Safari, Mail, Linkinus, Fireworks, iTunes, Twhirl, Photoshop Elements...Smultron, and Cyberduck.

ProtectMac AntiVirus too, I'm really pleased with it.

Freestyle Farfetch'd

I'm Magneto
    Years
    The top of my "most used" list is Notepad. Wow. I guess it does kick ass though. Such a simple program, with such ultimate potential.

In all seriousness my favorite programs are probably my emulators. I have a hell of a lot of games on them. Other stuff I like is FamiTracker (A tracker for making NES music), Firefox and Urban Terror (funfun)

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    The top of my "most used" list is Notepad. Wow. I guess it does kick ass though. Such a simple program, with such ultimate potential.

In all seriousness my favorite programs are probably my emulators. I have a hell of a lot of games on them. Other stuff I like is FamiTracker (A tracker for making NES music), Firefox and Urban Terror (funfun)
    I prefer Metapad LE. Just as fast, and with more functionality. It even has optional transparency for those of you that like that (not reliant on the DWM). I also dove into my system, reassigning .inf and .txt to run with Metapad and making a * file context menu entry for "Open with Metapad."

Freestyle Farfetch'd

I'm Magneto
    Years
    I am well aware of the fact that there are far more featured text editors out there. ;) Hell, all the ones that come with most Linux distros, even VI, beat the hell out of notepad on that front. What makes notepad special is it's sheer lack of features. It's just you, the keyboard, and the words appearing on screen. That's what makes it epic.

Narco v2

Aspiring Modder
    Years
    Taskbar Shuffle is a godsend. I can't imagine going back to not using it.

Freestyle Farfetch'd, I agree with you 100% about Notepad. I've used other notepad apps such as Notepad++, that are meant to help with coding, but I still prefer using Notepad for anything, including coding. I even use it loads more than MS Word. Only thing I find useful about that is text formatting.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I can't have a computer without these programs:

AVG [Free]
    CC Cleaner (Registry cleaner and Computer Cleaner) [Free]
    Malware Bytes (Deep scans your computer and cleans it right up) [Free]
    Adaware [Free]

Ayselipera

Google Earth. Because I love to look at my house from an aerial shot.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I am well aware of the fact that there are far more featured text editors out there. ;) Hell, all the ones that come with most Linux distros, even VI, beat the hell out of notepad on that front. What makes notepad special is it's sheer lack of features. It's just you, the keyboard, and the words appearing on screen. That's what makes it epic.
    Try it before judging it. I wouldn't use it if it were bloated; there's nothing I hate more. It's a very small download, so there's nothing to lose.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    • Google Earth
    • Toontown Online
    • Photoshop CS3
    • Internet Explorer

In no order.

Freestyle Farfetch'd

I'm Magneto
    Years
    Try it before judging it. I wouldn't use it if it were bloated; there's nothing I hate more. It's a very small download, so there's nothing to lose.

Heh, once again, bloat's not what I'm concerned about! I generally use other editors for coding, such as Notepad2. Notepad however, I use for writing first Drafts of essays, character profiles, RP posts, everything else. What I like about it is that it's just soso basic and bs free. You type text, it shows it. Nothing more. =p The lack of functionality has a certain appeal to me, that's all. I guess I just like to prove that so much can be done with a program that everyone has on their computer, and that sometimes, there's no need to download a word processor or anything more fancy!

Back