• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favorite Spin Off ?

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2010
    My favourite has to be the Mystery Dungeon series. I enjoyed Pokemon Colosseum but I have actually never played Pokemon XD. I have played Pokemon Ranger, but just didn't like it so never got into it. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is the best spin-off for me :)

Lancelot-sama!

i call it bipolar game fandom.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2018
    For me it would be the gamecube pokemon games, Pokemon Colosseum & Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. I really enjoyed the characters & how it's plotline was interesting (to me at least). I really liked how Orre was a different region than the other regions in the other games. I also loved the Red & Blue pokemon rescue team games but I never got a chance to play their sequels or following games so I can't say anything about them, honestly. The same goes for any pokemon ranger game.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • Hmm... I guess it really just depends. If they go through with my Day-Care Idea (WHICH EVERYBODY HAS BEEN STEALING AND PUTTING INTO THEIR OWN THREADS LATELY!!!) Then that will be my favorite. As of right now though, I think I like Pokemon Snap the best. If you have never seen the Charmander Scene, DO IT RIGHT NOW!! It is the cutest thing ever. I love how when the Charmander gets hit with an apple his hands will flail!

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • The shadow pokemon games (Colosseum and XD), followed by the Mystery Dungeon games.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2012
    Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, by far. The plot was amazing, all of the characters were well-developed, the gameplay is very fun and interesting, and you get to play as a freaking Pokémon. What can be better than that? Haha~

~Starry

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • The Stadium games were practically my favorite games back in the time of N64. I would play it all of the time with my friends. I liked how you could choose almost any Pokemon for your team, and battle right away. It made me disappointed when Battle Revolution came out, and there were only a few Rental Pokemon to choose from. Also, there weren't any mini-games either. I'm sure if they wanted to, they could have made it like the Stadium games, because I'm pretty sure the Wii is more than capable of handling it.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Pokemon Rangers: Shadows of Almia- i got this today and honestly thought it was going to suck- but i actually like how different it is from the main games

masterlink

bring it on!
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    i think it was pokemon ranger shadows of alimia! i thought it was going to be boring but then it got exciting after the tutorial!

Celest8

Lance/Wataru's Stalker
    Years
  • Pokemon Colosseum/XD were the most enjoyable to me, since they weren't your typical, optimistic, "go around collecting gym badges" Pokemon games. I liked the darker plot. Definately a different take on Pokemon, but fun to play nonetheless. Plus, the soundtrack in both games was awesome. =3

PokéSprites

PokéSprites Krazy!
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jul 3, 2010
    Got to be Mystery dungeon the rest such as Pokemon ranger was a complete waste of time

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Overall: Pokemon Colosseum: I love this game. I like the tone of this game, where the atmosphere seemed darker, and as a Nightmare Fuel moment, when we went up against Nascour, I thought I heard the crowd say, 'Kill! Kill!' over and over. Even though now I know it isn't. (Can't remember what it actually was, though.)

The Under was also probably one of the most awesome pokemon areas I've ever seen, with the giant television, the neon lights, and the darkness that those people lived in for so long, hiding out not only Cipher and Snagem, but possibly other criminals. And not to mention the gap to the Deep Colosseum. How far down is it? It must be terrifying to go over it. Not to mention it's basically the extra safehaven for criminals. If I were actually there, I'd carry a gun with me everywhere.

I just love the feeling this game gives me, it's the only pokemon game that can actually make me feel like I can take it seriously.

Favorite Handheld Spinoff: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Sky. Yes, it's two. Deal with it. It has the EXACT SAME STORY! (More description, sure, but for all intents and purposes, it's the same)

Anyway, it's my second favorite because of the music, which is some of the most beautiful I've heard for a handheld, and because of the plot, which is one of my favorites of all time. (Yeah, stop laughing. It probably saddened you, too. Maybe didn't cause you to cry, but still a tug.)

Last edited:

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Rumble FTW. I'm in Advanced C now. My Pokemon Ranch could get it if it had HGSS compatibilty (The plat one might...)

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    As much as I am playing my favorite games are

• Pokémon Pinball (Game Boy pinball)
    • Pokémon Puzzle Challenge (GBC puzzle)
    • Pokémon Puzzle League (N64 puzzle)
    • Pokémon Card GB2: Here Comes Team GR! (Game Boy strategy)
    • Pokémon Channel (GameCube virtual pet)

Zodiac Realm

I'm a Negative Creep~
    Years
  • Pokemon XD Gale Of Darkness has to be my favorite. I thought it had a great storyline and it kept me entertained for weeks. :)

Back