• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your intelligence quotient?

Sir Codin

Range: 127 - 143

Second Test offered:

I don't know how much stock I'd put into these, though, considering these are online tests, but I like to keep a good thought.

Last edited:

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    the first one doesn't seem to work too well on ipads.. i got 142 on the second one. tbh i was pretty excited but i realized this was based on a mere 20 questions. i'm sure i'll take an a tau one one day, i don't believe i have already.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    First test I got 121 up to 137.

Second test I got 130.

Never taken an IQ test prior to these ones. and to be honest I actually expected a bit lower xD

Years
    Took the second linked test and got a 131, and I remember taking one as a kid and I believe is was around 120, so I would hope it's closer to 131, lol.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    You remind me of this one guy I met who was boasting about his IQ

"Yeah, I'm like 180."

And I was like "yeah, sure, whatever Einstein" and then I turned a 180 and left.

I was being sarcastic mate. I don't believe in the entire concept of IQ let alone an online test that consists of a handful of math questions.

Sir Codin

I was being sarcastic mate. I don't believe in the entire concept of IQ let alone an online test that consists of a handful of math questions.
    Do you think there might be a better gauge out there for one's intelligence?

Years
    IQ really doesn't hold much weight in any regard these days... I think the IQ is just a fancy way of saying you're good at taking tests.

Where I'm at is high average intelligence. Numerical results tend to be towards the higher 130's but not 140 or much beyond 140. With many opinions being "WTF do those numbers mean"...
    Hearing about HIGH AvERAGE makes it much easier to say: "Oh. I see."

Viewing my brain as more of a wise brain than a smart one, I "get" a lot... rather than know a lot.
    I accredit this towards not really caring about a lot of topics. Having what I know, or think I know, about that which makes me happy is what matters most to me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    The first test gave me a score of 133-149+, while the second test gave me an IQ of 147. The answer key for the second one says that I got all of the questions right, so I don't know if that's the max score possible on that particular test, or if keeps track of any other variables (like how long you take on each question). Speaking of which, does it matter how much time elapses for the first test? It gives you a time limit, but I don't know if you get a higher score if you finish it more quickly.

I've never taken a "real" IQ test, though I've taken a few internet ones in the past. There are obvious limitations to internet IQ tests (especially ones with so few questions--can an eight question test really assess someone's IQ that well?), but I suppose they aren't bad for getting a ballpark estimate of where you stand relative to the average IQ test taker (e.g., if you're getting ~140, and the average person gets ~100, that tells you something, though I don't think there is any meaningful distinction between someone who scores 139 and someone else who scores 142).

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    So far the one thing my IQ has mattered in is making my school look like shit for me failing their curriculum. The argument is "if I'm so intelligent then they're failing me as a student, not the other way around." Which if that's getting me high school where I get to sleep in 'til noon and do whatever I want for the most part and still graduate, I'm cool. :P

You know the textbooks are all a load of crap for the most part. Very few come out of public school and make careers out of their lives, so really learning trigonometry before you go and be a worker bee is… inconsequential. I'm of the opinion those sorts of things are there to give you the illusion that you're there to "learn." Yeah, you're learning alright lol

Sir Codin

Textbooks actually do teach you quite a bit and are loaded with information that you could apply to many things for the most part.

The bullshit "illusion" part is how much they cost.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    Textbooks actually do teach you quite a bit and are loaded with information that you could apply to many things for the most part.

The bullshit "illusion" part is how much they cost.
    I'm not talking about college, though. College, sure, the books are useful to a point at least. Get PDFs if you can. I'm in favour of humanities as a necessity to making a well-rounded professional.

High school is not set up to make well-rounded professionals. It's set up to make the working class.

Sir Codin

I'm not talking about college, though. College, sure, the books are useful to a point at least. Get PDFs if you can. I'm in favour of humanities as a necessity to making a well-rounded professional.

High school is not set up to make well-rounded professionals. It's set up to make the working class.
    High school is set up to either teach you fundamentals about more advanced subjects that you'll have expanded upon in college OR if you aren't planning on going to college, to make sure you aren't too much of a fuckup to handle menial tasks.

Also, even the most well-educated of individuals end up making up the working class, unless you study something extremely useful to society that's in high demand, like medicine.

The sad reality is that sometimes the most financially successful people are ones who end up doing fuck-all for work, like being a CEO. Or a member of Congress.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I scored "Your IQ score lies within a range of 121 up to 137" in the first, and then 137 in the second. I scored 141 on a official one for children when I was younger to when I got checked for autism or other mental deviations. The test said I was gifted, but that means nothing. At school I am just a mediocre student. It really doesn't mean that you are smart or intellectual. It really only means something if you use it right.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    I scored "Your IQ score lies within a range of 121 up to 137" in the first, and then 137 in the second. I scored 141 on a official one for children when I was younger to when I got checked for autism or other mental deviations. The test said I was gifted, but that means nothing. At school I am just a mediocre student. It really doesn't mean that you are smart or intellectual. It really only means something if you use it right.
    That's a really intelligent thing for you to say. :o

Back