• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your least favourite pokemon game?

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2011
    Mine is probably R/B *Listens to nostalgic fans roar*

I just enjoy the games more when there are more pokemon. It's much more funner having access to a wide variety of pokemon instead of only having 150. I know 150 is still a lot of pokemon, but still, the more the merrier I say. Also, I know that the pokemon games aren't known for having amazing storylines, but I think the other games had a slightly more interesting story than "Get pokemon, battle rival, battle gym leader, repeat x8, battle elite four."
    At least the other games actually had more of a focus on the evil teams and the legendaries.

But that's just my opinion, and I doubt anyone would agree with it. But what's your least favorite game?

Smitty.

Forget who you were.
    Years
    I'd have to say my least favorite games were D/P/Pt. I enjoyed the new overworld view and all, but I felt the makers just threw in random extensions just to see how fans took them. Like poffins... Seriously??

The games are all going to end up moving to an MMO eventually, so why even bother?

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2011
    I'd have to say my least favorite games were D/P/Pt.

Yes these were definitely my second least favorite games. I just couldn't stand how slow the battle were -_-

Althea

[For Sale]
    Years
    I think the Pokemon games I have enjoyed the least are Black and White. Next to HeartGold and SoulSilver in particular, it just couldn't compete. I wasn't overly keen on the designs of the fifth generation in general, I struggled to get into it because of the poor selection of Pokemon along the earlier routes, and Unova just didn't feel particularly creative or interesting to me. It seemed to concentrate more on showing off the graphics than it did anything else.

Caranciio

Doof?
    Years
    For some reason, I found it hard to get into R/S/E. I really don't like the music, it's annoying and tends to give me a headache when I play. I agree it was a good step, adding bits of 3D and cutscenes, but the music was just too awful for me to get into it properly. I also didn't like a whole lot of the Pokemon available first in the game.

Blackmagix95

Lock N Load
    Years
    I would say the same, pokemon red and blue as soon you beat the game, theres nothing else to do but restart and do it all over again. i feel the same thing for pokemon black (i want to see the story again) but i don't want to lose all of my pokemon.
    Someday, Gamefreak should make a really unique pokemon game that you get to train at other regions and battle against trainers you played from the other games (for example, Red, Blue, May, Bredan, Lucas, Dawn, and Ethane) , the gym leaders and challenge the pokemon leagues.

Years
    R/S/E. I just thought they were boring, and the graphics were horrible. I want to give Hoenn another chance, so thats why I am hoping for a remake. But for now, R/S/E are my least favorite.

Eagledelt

=)?
    Years
    Ugh, Black and White were only fine to me about the graphics *of the game itself*. Can't really like any of the Unova Pokemon, and the storyline wasn't that appealing. =/

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    In terms of games I liked the least to the ones I liked the most, it's be RBY (no nostalgia factor there for me really), FRLG, DP, Platinum/BW, RS, Emerald, GS, Crystal, HGSS. RBY are pretty neat games though - I just didn't start with them and hence don't have as much memories with them as other games and FR/LG's additions didn't really thrill me (Sevii Islands only lasted so long).

Of course, if we threw in the spin-offs as well... =p

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    Well my most least favorite would have to be between Red and Blue/Diamond and Pearl (Don't get me wrong, I liked Yellow and Platinum). I disliked Red/Blue due to the Pokemon sprites, Yellow was my first game though. I disliked Diamond/Pearl due to its 'speed' problem...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Either Yellow or Emerald... both "updated" games that were actually worse than the originals. Yellow saddled you with the most useless starter Pokemon ever, while Emerald totally ruined the trainer designs and introduced that notorious source of hax luck frustration called the Battle Frontier.

R/S didn't age well either, and B/W were brought down by a number of annoyances.

Years
    Pokemon Ranger. It just seemed really gimmicky, anti-pretentious, and repetitive.

Of the main series, Red/Blue/Yellow. You can't go wrong with the classics, but the fact remains that there is almost nothing to do after you beat the game. Also, this is going to make me sound like a plain bad person, but it's kind of unnerving to be walking over to Tohjo Falls or the Sevii Islands before remembering that they don't exist yet.

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
    my least favourite are a tie between R/B/Y and G/S/C don't ask me why, i just played them once through never touched them again....

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    From the main line: R/S/E. Just felt like a step back from G/S/C. They were very underwhelming. Still fun and worth playing through, but very disappointing in addition. Thankfully D/P/Pt took the series back on track for the most part.

From the spin-off line: Hey You! Pikachu or whatever it was called. I rented it and it was not very good.

Last edited:

terminoob

Waffles.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Three-way tie between R/B/Y, R/S/E, and D/P/Pt. R/B/Y had absolutely nothing to do post-game aside from "catch 'em all", which I never found appealing. Yellow's Sabrina and the fact you started with Pikachu (though I never saw the big fuss about how hard Brock was) made the game less appealing to me. R/S/E I just flat out did not like. The rivals were pathetic (if you can even call them rivals), the gym leaders were a bore, and I didn't like the majority of the Pokemon. D/P/Pt was just... ugh. Unnecessary evolutions (Rhyperior? Magmortar? Electivre? TANGROWTH?), annoying rival, annoying villains, annoying graphics... just all around annoying.

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
    D/P/Pt was my least favorite, followed by B/W. They couldn't compete with the old games.

I'm one of those nostalgic people.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    Main: DPPt. Omg, I hated it so much. D: Team Galactic sucked, the protagonists sucked, the pokemon sucked, the music sucked, EVERYTHING sucked (no offense DPPt fans.)
    Spinoff: Pokémon Dash and Trozei (I think that's how you spell it? xD)

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I didn't really enjoy R/B for the hour I played them. I always found the Kanto region really bland and the pokemon overall just dull.

Pokemon Ranger was far too hard, at you could pretty much make the game Unwinnable.

Back