• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your perception of the Xbox One?

How would you characterize your perception of the Xbox One?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    The only reason i wanna get it is sunset overdrive, and i really get past the point at one point it would watch you play video games, like what if i wanna game with no pants? whats the point of being single if i can`t game without pants?

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Probably bad. I didn't really like the microsoft machination to begin with, but as time went steadily on, it got worse and worse. And like someone mentioned above, I own a PC so the incentive to buy the Xbot is pretty much nil considering great classics such as Ryse and Forza.

I've been and always will be a Gran Turismo player, and working with cars before and in depth I can tell you Forza goes halvsies on the work. Here's the two themes from Forza 4 and gran Turismo 5:

^Starts at 0:20

It may not matter to you, but it matters to me; Gran Turismo is one of the main reasons I actually bought my first Sony Playstation and I have seen the improvements that have been made to it over the years. Forza is a suited arcade game, but Gran Turismo is a full fledged simulator.

Oh, and none of the Xbox games have made me believe I need to have the American system when I have a perfectly good tub. . . err. . . computer.

Edit: I'm having difficulties with the Forza video, but you can google that one on your own if you really want to see it. Gran Turismo had one talented pianist working on their intro.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • I'm quite fond of it. Pre-launch I was really skeptical of how much of an improvement over the 360 (or any last gen console) it would be; but I stand here today impressed. I don't think I'll ever see a thread on an internet forum where votes put the bone in a good light rather than speak against it though hahah. It became the norm to ridicule the system before it even came out to such an extent on the internet that to this day people who've never touched one or a PS4 casually berate it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • All this talk about having to pay to play online and such makes me happy I don't like to play with others. lol

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    Good-Neutral for me. I'll personally be getting a PS4, but I see the two consoles as almost equal to be honest. It all really comes down to exclusives. There's no Kinect requirement, so Xbox isn't going to 'monitor your every move' or some shit like that, and you have to pay for online play on both consoles (excluding Wii U for the sake of the argument). The big advantage of the PS4 that I'm seeing is the amount of games that are from Japan. Xbox has never really had a presence in Japan, so there are a lot of games that will only get to be on PS4. They're mostly somewhat niche Japanese games though, and rarely ones that I have any great deal of interest in. PS4 just looks like the console for me right now, especially with Bloodborne coming, and the very positive Playstation Experience event recently. Xbox just seems to have a different focus that doesn't match my interests. Not that that's a bad thing.

I think it's foolish to have the mindset of 'lol xbox is for dudebros who love sports and shooters' when it is just as good a system for gaming as any other console.

Lol the #1 gripe with the console is that it lacks J-games (Which is a huge feature in my book!) I guess that was to be expected when asked on this site though

Lacking Japanese games is a feature? Or am I just misunderstanding you?

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I strongly dislike those kinds of games. They weird me out to say the least.

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    Having them available on the system doesn't mean you have to play them. But it's hardly a 'feature' to lock out people who do like those kinds of games from playing them.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I strongly dislike those kinds of games. They weird me out to say the least.
    So you're saying you want the system to have less fans (and deprive the fans of the console that do want Japanese games) and a smaller, less diverse library just because of your preferences? Because I can't really see how that helps anyone but you, and it certainly doesn't help the console.

Reactions: Hi!

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • So you're saying you want the system to have less fans (and deprive the fans of the console that do want Japanese games) and a smaller, less diverse library just because of your preferences? Because I can't really see how that helps anyone but you, and it certainly doesn't help the console.

I never said the console shouldn't. I said that I personally find the lack of them as a positive and that I feel the less the better. Out of sight out of mind. I never claimed it would be good for the console either but I imagine Xbox would do just fine anyways... Why am I defending my dislike of a genre? Supposed to be talking about the Xbone

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    Yeah the Xbox would do just fine, but as you've seen in this thread and a lot of places elsewhere, a big selling point for the PS4 is that Japanese games are predominantly there. There's a solid market for Japanese games, and the Xbox is nowhere to be seen. Xbox having no Japanese games might be just fine for you since you don't play them or whatever, but what about all the people that are interested in them? They're screwed on the Xbox because there's nothing there for them.

Also, as an aside, and I don't want to derail the thread, but.. How can you say that you dislike 'Japanese' games? It's not like every game made in Japan falls under a certain genre and set of tropes. You have everything from your niche JRPGs to your Final Fantasies to your Zeldas and Dark Souls to your Sonics and Marios. 'Japanese' games are a huge variety of genres, gameplay styles and art styles, so to dismiss them all with "I don't like Japanese games" seems odd to me.

Back