• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your worst injury?

Have you ever broken a bone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • I've never broken anything, but I've had more sprains, dislocations, bruises and contusions than I can count, playing sports since I was 4. One of the worst was the 4 inch gash I got on my head, and subsquent heavy bleeding from a falling door, bad enough that I passed out. I've also been concussed before at one point I'm sure.

nm legend

Years
  • well the only injury i keep getting is my shoulder that likes to slip out its socket .....first happend when i was doing some backyard MMA ........now sometimes when i play basketball or something it likes to dislocate or wutever,,,,,,sucks

Years
  • When I was about a year old I was trying to get on my Mom's chair with one of those retractable foot rests. Apparently I had somehow gotten my foot caught in the metal part that folds back in. Now I have a scar that spans almost all the way across my right foot.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    When I was 3, I strongly hit bricks with my head because I jumped off something in a playground and had it sewn.

DoctorSlavic

Shotgun Doctor
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 23, 2011
    Just last year for our school trip to Cincinatti, a bunch of us were climbing up a fairly steep hill. I got to the top and didn't know what to do so I started backed down the hill. I slowly picked up speed until I was running down the hill and couldn't stop. I attempted to stop and tripped over, flying into some trees and I smashed my head against a stump or a rock or something.

Spoiler:

That's a pic taken 3 days after.

However, I have never broken a bone, got a concussion or went unconscious. Huh.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • To be honest, I don't really have that many injuries, but I always did wonder how fascinating it would be to have a broken bone, since I've never had one. Anyway, worst injury I've probably had was when I was about 4 years old, and we had a glass coffee table and I was standing on it to turn the fan on. Needless to say, the coffee table broke and I fell and glass went up my bum (that sounds awkward). I had to get some stitches iirc, and I was puking a lot as well.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I'm not the most safe person on the planet, but I've manage to dodge any serious injuries. The most major is cutting my lip a few times with blood everywhere. My life is boring.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • When I tripped over a seatbelt getting out of a car, faceplanted, and my bottom row of teeth went right through my bottom lip. Yep.

Three stitches outside, two inside.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • My Worst injury was after three consecutive years of my carelessness of breaking my right arm, I had to get surgery on it which has screws in it. I also get tentantist in this right arm from time to time which is a pain in the butt.

:t354:TG

ضاد ضاد

لول انا في الجزء السفلي للغاية
    Years
  • My friend kicked a football (soccer in YOUR country) really heard and it it broke my left leg. And that means I can still play it. But OUCH did that hurt...

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    Mine was Saturdy! :D
    I got in a fight, and tripped and faceplanted... After that.. I had to get two whole stitches! >:D

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I had a hernia operation when I was 8-years-old, but I'm not entirely sure if you'd call that an 'injury' as it was caused by something internal. In terms of external injuries... outside of a few cuts and bruises, there's nothing really serious that's ever happened to me. My brother, on the other hand, is an entirely different kettle of fish...

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I've never broken a bone or got stitches! I'm INVULNERABLE!!

Okay not really. But my worst... was either me cutting my toe open on an engine block (had to get it glued), stepping on glass (I bled EVERYWHERE) or I jumped down 7 or 8 steps and landed on cement. My knee has been in pain on and off for like 3 or 4 months!

Years
  • In about first grade, I fell off my bike and broke my leg. Also, in third grade, I fell off the monkey bars onto my back and got the wind knocked out of me. Technically I didn't break any bones, but my back was really bruised and it hurt worse and for longer than when I broke my leg.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2018
    When I was 11, my friend and I were sitting on the front porch swing. His Razor scooter was laying in the front yard, next to the sidewalk. The neighborhood bullies, who were about 3-4 years older than me, were walking by and randomly decided to steal it. Fortunately, I was a really fast runner and caught up to them before they could go twenty feet. Fortunately, they got scared and the one carrying the scooter dropped it and took off. Unfortunately, I was going too fast and literally stepped on the edge, the fourth toe on my left foot taking most of my weight.

Despite it really not hurting all that badly, the wound went almost to the bone and didn't stop bleeding for about an hour. For days, I could barely walk for fear of reopening it, and months later, I accidentally did reopen it by stepping on the edge of my sandal. I really probably should have gotten stitches, but surprisingly it didn't even leave a scar.

tl;dr Found out exactly why they call them Razor scooters, by stepping on one.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I remember something happened to be when I was in Kindergarden, but I think it was just a head injury. Other than that, one of my worse would probably have to be one of the three times I sprained/twisted my ankle. I'm leaning towards the second one, because I had to walk on it the next day in order to get to my college classes.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • When I was 9, I was running around during a summer camp and I fell down on a puddle and I broke my right knee- I needed surgery and I couldn't move it for a week. Not my best holidays ever, although the camp itself was awesome.

Years
  • When I was 4 (I think), I did something (it was jumping off something I think, obviously being four I don't remember) and my tooth was knocked out and went through my bottom lip. I still have a scar just below my lip.

Back