• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kind of trainer does your name sugjest?

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
  • What pokemon type do you belive is represented by your name? (coul be real or your game name). An in game example would be how the name lance or drake sugjests the dragon type.

Joseph, I belive would suit a water or psychic type user. Maybe even ghost or steel

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • My real name...would suggest I am clearly the champion, because my real name...is Gary. I win the thread now right?

In all seriousness, my real name has never appeared in the games, so I'm not really sure what I'd be, however I can see it on a Cool/Ace Trainer.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • But if your name was Kamon that would suggest that you were the ultimate hardass as well.
    And yeah... The name Eivana I would say suggests championship or rival. It's kind of a special sounding name, so. Champion Eivana wants to battle.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    My name is John... I guess that may suggest a Bug Catcher... But my protaganist name for male characters is always Zidiane, and for females it's always Verza. I don't know how they sound to you, but those sound like some high-level main character names to me. Of course, I'm prolly just biased.

Years
  • My name (Nichole) in its particular spelling, was used as the name of a Lady in the Gen IV Battle Frontier.

So I'm obviously, a Lady.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I just looked mine up and found that I am in the Boarder trainer class. Kind of fits.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Since my name is Matthew, I think I might be suited as an Ace Trainer (because it sounds tough) or a Veteran.

PokeFreaktrainer

Poke Freak
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2011
    Well my name (Erika) is the same as Kanto's own grass-type gym leader, and I've always though of myself to be on e to use either grass or water type.

echolocated

rated R for robocop
    Years
  • My game name(and my real nickname) Goemon, sounds like it belongs to a Black Belt to me,
    despite the fact that i don't do too well in martial arts.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Hmm Was sort of aiming for pokemon types rather than trainer class here but I supose it's all the same.

The title didn't say that to me. If you want types, then my name suggests Normal types. Ho hum.

LeafeonxxEeveexxEspeon

Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • I use the name 'Eevee' or 'Eve' in the games, so probably Normal-type, lol. But my real name is Damian (seriously), which sounds like a Fire-type trainer, to me anyway. Or perhaps Dark...

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
    Years
  • My real Name is Lemmy so I guess i would be a Electric/Steel type of trainer like a Guitarest because I named after Lemmy from Hawkwind and Motorhead

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    I dont know about my name... my personality definetly points to Kindergardener b/c of maturity level hahaha. My username would point to PokeManiac... cause Kamionero does sound kind of Kaiju like...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • In keeping with my policy of keeping my RL name secret, I will go with my in game character name Lisa. I don't think the name reflects she'd specialize in any specific type (maybe you guys have other ideas on that, but it just seems like a mixed Pokemon type user to me) but I'd imagine she'd be of the Lass/Picnicker/Lady trainer classes. In fact she is a Lass in Erika's gym in FR/LG. Which makes it really weird when my in game character Lisa beats her, lol

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I'm not gonna tell my real name here, but I think it'd be something around Dark, Psychic or Ghost types.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • I am the forgotten trainer, the one nobody pays any attention to because of a certain screentime-stealing girl from the anime. I am the one from the house on the left, right above the lab from the player's perspective. I am Brendan.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    My real name is Kimberly, and in-game that coordinates to a Picknicker in Johto just outside of Goldenrod and a Senior (a lass in a double battle) near the Shoal Cave in Hoenn.

Back