• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kinds of shiny Pokemon do you have?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I have all sorts, I have ugly kinds (Relicanth) and beautiful kinds (Milotic), fat kinds (Snorlax) and skinny kinds (Sudowoodo), Floaty kinds (Drifblim) and walking kinds (Emploeon) etc................I have too many shiny types

:t354:TG

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Shiny Gyarados in SoulSilver D: I don't really care about shinies in-game, they're a little pointless and way too time consuming for me haha.

Years
    Only shiny Gyarados..... I wish I had more but have the worst luck... My friend has found two in the past three months though.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    I've found a shiny oddish and miltank before. I caught the oddish, but my brother deleted my game. I accidently made the miltank faint too. I have shiny swablu I got from a trade that i'm going to train in my White, but thats about it if you don't count the tons of shinies I had purely by hacks from my friend...

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
    I found a shiny Patrat and Minccino in Black;; n___n
    I also have a shiny Pelipper and Swablu, obtained via trade.

blue

gucci
    Years
    The only shinys I have are either via trade, Red Gyarados or a Shiny Shinx from Diamond. Other than that I have NO luck when it comes to finding them :(!

Crystal Spirit Version

Awesome mapper, Smart fella
    Years
    My first was Golbat back in sapphire I still have him now in Heart Gold but its a pink Crobat named Pinky xD....... :l Then in fire red i got my 'J' Unoun. Then Gyarados (the most easiest one). Oh in Heart gold I came across a shiny Ponytabut I had no Pokéballs :'(. THen I started to play Ruby the other year and got Arron and Electrike within two days O_O

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    The shinies I have are Spinda, Mightyena, Crobat, Pichu, Suicune, Raikou, Entei, Fearow, Umbreon, Eevee, Lampent, Gallade, Magmortar, Magnezone, Ponyta, Lilligant, Petilil (x2), Golurk, Scolipede, Metagross, Reuniclus, Genesect (from a glitch), Gyarados, Igglybuff, Charizard, Grovyle, Houndoom, Porygon-Z, and Luxray. I think that's it. XD; Most are traded though! Some are RNG'd, and only 5 were random encounters. Had a shiny Whismur long ago, but I thought it was diseased. Didn't know how rare shinies were or what they were at the time so yeah.

Last edited:

Basculin

Dragonite Fan
    Years
    I have a lot, but all are from trades. Never ever have encountered one and have tried ALL the time.
    Whether it be Masuda Method or just walking...:(

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    you want me to name them all? All my shinies are not from trades like everyone else in here, i take my time and hunt for them. most recent is a Spearow in FireRed that i hunted for a few hours for, then as i had gotten lost on Six island in FireRed 5 minutes later and no more than 5 encounters getting to it, A Shiny Heracross roles by in Pattern Brush

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'm rather lucky with shinies; I let them come to me rather than me coming to them.

Here they are:

Emerald: Koffing

Platinum: Roselia, Sneasel, Marill, Blissey (all lost)

HeartGold: Mewtwo (lost)

Black: Gothita

White: Sewaddle, Golduck

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    The later gens haven't been kind to me when it comes to shinies, so I don't have many, sadly.

Silver: Donphan (Lost)
    Gold: Weedle, Oddish (Both Lost)
    Crystal: Elekid
    Pearl: Budew, Milotic (RNG'd), Combee (Trade)
    Soul Silver: Bulbasaur (SR'd)

... And that's basically it. Third Gen didn't give me a single shiny, and I haven't found a shiny in the fifth gen games either, and technically I only found one in the fourth gen games, unless you want to count the Bulbasaur I soft-resetted 700+ times for.

LeafeonxxEeveexxEspeon

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    Shiny Butterfree! Haha, my only Shiny, but I've traded her through so many games that I still have her right now, bouncin' around in my Pokéwalker for Soul Silver. To top it off, she has the Poké Virus, so she's like the epitome of all things special. If only it had been a Celebi... hm...

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
    Years
    I have 3 shinys
    My first was Zubat, Seriously, Anything but Zubat,
    Then I caught Geodude, whats with the rubbish pokemon
    And yay a Good poke, Tympole on my first playthrough of Black
    I have encounted a Poochyena and Zigzagoon on Ruby WHEN I DIDNT HAVE ANY POKEBALL BEFORE I FOUGHT MAY!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    I have about 60 shinies total, though only about 3 or 4 of them were obtained without me intentionally looking for them and about 20 are my own. Rest of them were traded.

Last edited:
    Back