• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Language Version of HGSS Did You Buy?

pockeyfox

Grand Trainer
    Years
    I play the English version. I was able to play the real Japanese version from my friend, which was funny because it took us forever to figure out that professor Elm's assistant wasn't in the pokemon center anymore

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    I bought both SS/HG in English, I can't understand Japanese at all. I'm currently playing SS, then I will start with HG.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I have the English version of both HG and SS as well as a Japanese version of HG.

Exactly what I have =]

I got lost a couple of times in jap HG but it was all good.

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    I imported a Japanese HeartGold and an English SoulSilver. I don't know much Japanese at all, but I'm impatient and couldn't wait. I did the same with D/P and I'll probably do it again with the 5th gen games.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Mine is German :) . Normally they do the translation well too :). The galleryist in the underground has a horrible french accent though xD

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    My HG is in English. I would absolutely love love LOOOOVE to have a copy in German, though. <3 I'm semi-fluent in it and took 3 years of classes, but wasn't able to take the fourth year of it in school due to budget cuts taking out several classes from the curriculum @w@ so I would love to have a German copy to keep my language skills from getting rusty n.n

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    日本語!!
    can't let my japanese get rusty >:(

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    I think playing the game in japanese and english is fine, but really, imo I don't think they have to translate it into more languages than that (such as spanish and french). I know they do that to help the kids that are playing it, but... oh whatever. Play the game in whatever language you want.

Anyway, i'm playing it in english. I would be pissed off if I would have to play it in norwegian because it would be so lame. x'D

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I think playing the game in japanese and english is fine, but really, imo I don't think they have to translate it into more languages than that (such as spanish and french). I know they do that to help the kids that are playing it, but... oh whatever.

Imagine every game you play, including RPGs, is in English / Japanese, and you speak Arabic / French, or only Spanish, or only German? It takes away from the experience, and you won't get far at all without a guide of some sort. In fact, it says on games that "Basic reading comprehension is required to fully enjoy this game"; if you can't read English, and no one is obliged to know English in the first place, then a game in your language is in order, as by Human Rights.

For the longest of time, games were only in English in Quebec, and it's a French province. They made a law in 2005 that prohibits the import of products that don't have a French counterpart / don't have French labels. I'm glad, because English is squashing everybody and anglophones (I'm an anglophone first, just to throw that in there) are becoming arrogant with their "speak English" crap.

So yay for translations and consideracy :)

I'm'a get my WiFi working and trade in an English Ditto so I can breed Shinies :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2010
    I got mine in lame old english. I wish I was fluent in German (Despite living there as an exchange student, I don't remember a lot of the language anymore.) I'd love to be able to play Pokemon in French, though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I got the English version even though the Japanese one was sooo tempting.
    -I can't understand Japanese anyway.

PSI-Claus

The Devil itself
    Years
    I just got the US English Version. I'd like to have the Japanese and European English Versions as well, but I'm just happy to have the game.

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I got the Greek Version lol

Last edited:
    Back