• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What languages are you studying? (spoken, not programming)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autistic Lucario

Life is too short not to enjoy
Years
  • I'm just curious to know what people are studying in and out of school. I took Spanish for one year in high school, and now I'm trying to pick a language to focus on. Right this minute, I'm studying Czech. :)

Years
  • Latin (for my fourth year) and Spanish (for my fifth year). Did French for three years before dropping it, and Mandarin for one year before dropping it.

I enjoy Latin more than the others by far, and it's the only one that I'm actually good at. I can't do foreign accents at all so that certainly contributes to my enjoyment of its study, but I am also somewhat of an Ancient History lover.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I have been studying Japanese in uni this semester. (I said 'studying' as my semester has ended.) I really enjoyed it and I benefited from my deep love for Japan and its beautiful language. <3 I'm quite let down as I can't continue my language studies next semester..they do not provide first semester Japanese classes for the unit I want to apply for. It has been such an awesome journey; hope I'll be able to continue it next year! :D

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • (And here I was about to say that I'm becoming an expert in C. xD )

I wish I were studying German right now, like I was for the five years before this one, but I don't have any space in my schedule for it with all the computer science courses I want to take.

I've found that learning German has really helped my English grammar. U.S. public schools are notoriously bad at teaching English grammar, and you have to actually understand grammar in order to speak remotely correctly when you switch languages.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Moving this over to OVP since it's not a discussion, but a poll. There's a thread-making guide for OC&D linked at the top of the forum which you may want to refer to next time. :]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back