• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What level do you think Ash's Pikachu is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I'm guessing Ash caught a MissingNo in one of the unaired episodes, because Pikachu's level seems to fall back down to five every day.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    Doesn't matter, it's hacked. I wish I saved that post I saw on another forum explaining how Pikachu was hacked.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Good question. Personaly, i say it varys. i mean when ash starts a new journy, it probably goes back to lv. 20 or somthing.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Just let you know, levels aren't considered on the show. So no level for Pikachu.

There are no levels in the Anime for that very reason. Because in the games levels can't exceed 100. And having levels and no level cap would make Pokemon like Dragonball Z, and sooner or later, we'd have 'over nine-THOUSAAAAAAAAND!!!' references in Pokemon. Ask yourself. Is that really a good idea?

Having other opponents around his level too would just mean the Gym Leaders progressively train their Pokemon harder and harder. Which wouldn't make sense anyway. I mean, there's no way Ash would go to progressively harder Gyms, in order from weakest to strongest. How would he know what order to face the Gyms in? I mean, the Professor wouldn't tell him. Not to mention, Ash would have to spend no less than 20 episodes sitting outside of each Gym training his new Pokemon until they 'level up'.

If levels did exist though (and also so I'm not being off topic by just saying that levels don't exist, like OTHER PEOPLE ARE DOING), Pikachu would easily be past 100, given all the stuff he's gone through. I mean, he's died and come back, of his own free will. There was no magic or tears or artifacts involved. If he isn't past 100, then why do other Pokemon die and not come back when they're clearly not pushovers either?

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    he's died and come back, of his own free will. There was no magic or tears or artifacts involved. If he isn't past 100, then why do other Pokemon die and not come back when they're clearly not pushovers either?

Pikachu had to come back cuz that would mean the pokemon show would end, Pikachu features in nearly every episode, if pikachu stayed dead there could not be any more programs. Its all about money remember!

DracoKnight

Destroyer
    Years
    I think that in the T.V. show, pokemon don't have lvels. Instead i think they have power. Like the more power, the more DMG. But if you want it in levels, i'd say around the 40s cause it has losses and wins against wild pkmn. I f was in the 70's it would have no problem, so i'm sticking with 40's.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    There are no levels in the Anime for that very reason. Because in the games levels can't exceed 100. And having levels and no level cap would make Pokemon like Dragonball Z, and sooner or later, we'd have 'over nine-THOUSAAAAAAAAND!!!' references in Pokemon. Ask yourself. Is that really a good idea?

Having other opponents around his level too would just mean the Gym Leaders progressively train their Pokemon harder and harder. Which wouldn't make sense anyway. I mean, there's no way Ash would go to progressively harder Gyms, in order from weakest to strongest. How would he know what order to face the Gyms in? I mean, the Professor wouldn't tell him. Not to mention, Ash would have to spend no less than 20 episodes sitting outside of each Gym training his new Pokemon until they 'level up'.

If levels did exist though (and also so I'm not being off topic by just saying that levels don't exist, like OTHER PEOPLE ARE DOING), Pikachu would easily be past 100, given all the stuff he's gone through. I mean, he's died and come back, of his own free will. There was no magic or tears or artifacts involved. If he isn't past 100, then why do other Pokemon die and not come back when they're clearly not pushovers either?
    Thank you. You r teh internet GAWD.

I am sick of the people who are constantly saying "there are no levels, nuub". Seriously, it's a FREAKING RETORICAL QUESTION. For God's sake, if you feel there are no levels, stop spamming up this thread & go away. Plain & simple.

Like those people who wants to ruin the movie by saying how it's made. "No, that's an effect. That too. Oh, that is SO fake!!" Just leave the theater.

Now, to answer the question, it is a FACT that Pikachu's power level is the equivilant of over 9000. Look it up at pogeymanz.com. But he cannot control his power, so that even an Elekid can beat him. He can always beat Rhydon by aimming for the horn. At least before it got LightningRod.

Pikachu had to come back cuz that would mean the pokemon show would end, Pikachu features in nearly every episode, if pikachu stayed dead there could not be any more programs. Its all about money remember!

No duh. We're talking about within the universe of the show, not as to why the developers do what they do.

And for the post above me, that was only a one time reference to levels, never really mentioned again. They probably don't go by that anymoar.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    In Season 1 episode 9, "The schoolof hard knocks"

This was in an episode long before the writers considered to go past Kanto. To make anything after Kanto or 151(barring plot device Ho-oh of course). Show me a post-OI or post-Kanto example, then I'll take it seriously.

@sims796: Your post shows that you don't know what a rhetorical question is. A rhetorical question is a question only for effect and not to elicit reply. Elicit, in this case, is to answer.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back