• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What makes someone likeable?

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    I feel like you can get away with a lot if you're self-depricating. In a funny way, not a pitiful way.

Years
    What makes someone likeable is very simple: Gratification. You'd like someone better if they keep kissing up to your buttocks. Always the yes-man to you, or you to them.

That's the sad truth of life. :'(

Wouldn't it make you feel bad if you know they're just kissing up to you? That they never have anything but good things to say about you?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I wouldn't feel very liked if I didn't believe that a person actually liked me. You can suck up all you want, but if it is not genuine, it shows. You're not really liked...if you're not really liked, are you?

Years
    What makes someone likeable is very simple: Gratification. You'd like someone better if they keep kissing up to your buttocks. Always the yes-man to you, or you to them.

This would be more likely to annoy me than endear you to me and I feel safe in saying a lot of others probably feel the same. Do you personally like having those kinds of people around?

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

I'm cool with people being a playful flirt, because I do that too. But if one tries to kiss my ass hahaha try that trick to me, see what will happen. Total zero tolerance, I have no total respect for these bottom feeders.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    I guess it's more about being like-minded for a general sense. I personally prefer people to have some form of manners and show an interest of wanting to be around and interact with me.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    A quality that I really like is someones ability to stay in their lane and mind their own business. Basically if you're not hateful, dramatic, and stay in your lane I will like you. I'm not very picky.

Years
    A quality that I really like is someones ability to stay in their lane and mind their own business. Basically if you're not hateful, dramatic, and stay in your lane I will like you. I'm not very picky.

Would there be people like that who you consider to be boring (and not exactly likeable)?

Years
    For me, personality and sense of humor are 99% of the equation. I don't mind if someone is "edgy" so long they're not mean spirited. I like people who talk a lot...so long they know when to shut up (i.e. when dinner is served etc.) :p

Years
    Maybe someone you like is someone who engages you. They make you want to interact with them. I dunno if that's any kind of insight or just "duh, that's what likeable means". But if I think about the people I like they're people who I want to know more about. That might just be what I find likeable though. It's like a fascination with someone. Kind of like being similar, but not necessarily like-minded because it's not unusual to find someone different from you likeable. Maybe it's also an appreciation, at least when you know a little more about someone. You see some quality in them and can appreciate the importance of it in their lives even if you don't have that same quality or even care about it yourself.

Back