• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What makes you unlikeable?

Sсott

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    Are there any characteristics you think people tend to dislike about you or have a foul opinion about? Is there a part of your personality that tends to shy, distance people from you? In general, why do people who don't like you not like you? Do you try to hide this [the thing that makes you unlikable] from people surrounding you or do you not care about their views and, like people say, simply be yourself?

Or..are you too awesome to be disliked?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Well let's see here, I have a foul mouth even by teenager standards, my opinions on pretty much everything nowadays are mostly if not entirely halfassed, I'm more disturbing and unsettling than funny, and my temper could be a lot better too when it comes to handling morons who look like they're representin for their hood or some stupid **** like that nowadays. So yeah I'm a hotheaded foul mouthed moron for the most part lol.

But I prefer to be by myself or with select others who I've known for a long time nowadays so I don't get riled up as much as I used to, I can be pretty chill sometimes too but if certain subjects are bought up I have the tendency to go off like a ****ing volcano in the blink of an eye sadly.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
    Maybe that I'm quiet, so some people might read that as me being stuck up? Though, I dunno I smile a lot at work, and people smile back, soo.. I dunno. I guess that could be another thing, thinking I'm too nice, which could easily be fake. xD;

Once they get to know me, we might not click if they're way out of my zone of interests, what with my being into games, anime, Asia, music, etc, and not so much into partying, drinking and all that.

I've never had anyone actively act like they dislike me, or make it obvious if they did, so.. I'm not sure. ; w;
    I mean, I was kind of picked on as a kid, but that's what kids do and its pretty baseless at the time, so.. that doesn't help me answer the question much.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    What I consider going out of my way to be friendly and social other people see as "she's not talking to me a lot, she doesn't like me". I even got that from my boyfriend's parents, although I felt like I was going out of my way to be talkative they were worried I didn't like them because to them I was really really quiet. I only know that they felt that way because they told him in private, so I worry that other people may think that way and not tell me, lol.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    - Impaired decision making skills
    - Little to no eye contact when talking
    - Tend to make fun of people when nervous without realizing it till after
    - Don't think before I speak sometimes
    - Non-confrontational, or well, I don't speak up when something bothers me
    - I have a hard time attaching to people and don't maintain friendships well

I honestly haven't had many problems with people disliking me, that I know of anyway. I tend to get along with people well, even though I'm not much of a people person. That being said though, I'm a relatively quiet person, and I sometimes worry that people mistake my shyness for snobbiness. I haven't had anyone tell me that before, but looking back at certain times, like when I went to a new school in 6th grade, I get the feeling that I wasn't disliked just for being an outsider (that's not something I can fix, so it's not in my list), but because I was shy and didn't talk to anyone, so they probably thought I was too good for them. Though, I probably was. I found them to be the snobby ones. lol

/ramble

Last edited:

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
    Years
    The same thing that draws people to me also makes me unlikeable by others.
    And that is..
    being myself :3

I'm known for behaving the same wherever I am, I'm always the same.. and because of that, some people really like me, and some just hate me.
    My friends know who I am, know what to expect from me.. and like it.
    But my "foes" also know, that I will never change to their liking xD

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Or..are you too awesome to be disliked?

Spoiler:

Truthfully, there are many different things that people can/do dislike about me. The first thing that comes to me is that I am a serial complainer. I complain about everything. If I don't like it, I'll either try to change it or endlessly complain about it until someone verbally tells me to shut up or physically makes me shut up. Which brings me to another thing; I am a control freak. I want everything to go my way. Sure, I'll let things slide for the good of the situation, but secretly inside I'll be stressed out about the fact that I am not directly responsible for whats going on, that I haven't got control over the situation. Another thing, I get stressed out easily and when I get stressed out, I get bitter. And I mean b i t t e r. I'll get incredibly mean and say things that almost 100% I'll regret and seriously hurt the person or people I'm saying them to. I guess I'm just a mean person.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Sometimes when i'm watching movies and tvs with other people and we're watching something i've already seen I always blurt out "Oh my god I love this part" and it makes people angry at me.

Ayselipera

O
    T
    H
    I
    N
    G

If you dislike me something is wrong with you sorry xoxoxoxo

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
    I have, what almost feels like "factual OCD"... If someone says something on a topic that I have a lot of knowledge in that is incorrect, I can't help but correct them. Even if I wasn't part of the conversation to begin with. *sigh* DAMN YOU BRAIN!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Being fastidious, quiet, reserved, emotionally detached.
    People don't tend to actually dislike me, they just don't know what to do with. That can make me intimidating, frustrating, causant to apathy or even endearing depending on how one deals with problems.

Last edited:

Essentials

Lost in Thought
    Years
    Girls in my class hate me because they think I'm being "flirty" with all the boys. It's not my fault if I think boy bestfriends are better than girl bestfriends! Plus, I don't hang out with them, they hang out with me -- which makes a huge difference.

Besides that, people like me. Because I'm me. And nothing can ever take that away.

Tee hee~

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
    Girls in my class hate me because they think I'm being "flirty" with all the boys. It's not my fault if I think boy bestfriends are better than girl bestfriends! Plus, I don't hang out with them, they hang out with me -- which makes a huge difference.

Besides that, people like me. Because I'm me. And nothing can ever take that away.

Tee hee~

They sound more like they are jealous to be honest... That's what I think anyway.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I... can't think of anything. Not kidding, I'm actually drawing a blank. =/

*Thinks a little more.*
    I suppose I do have a somewhat egotistical nature... but it's not completely unfounded. I'm constantly striving to make myself better, because I naturally feel like I am... different, maybe even better than others... and I want it to be true. Of course, part of that is being humble, giving, and helping others as much as possible. This is like the first time I've ever actually mentioned that I feel this way... I think most people think I have really low self esteem, while I'm actually quite proud of myself.

(And I somehow manage to take a thread about my faults, and turn them into good aspects instead. I'm a terrible person. lol)

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I have quite a few things for which people can dislike me I guess, in the past too. I noticed others said it too here but I'm sorta quiet and I've actually had my best friend tell me how some people in my class feel about that so it's not just suspicion on my side, she told me they thought I had an arrogant attitude or felt like I looked down upon them which isn't like me at all.
    Well that's one thing, I don't think before I speak sometimes and then I only notice afterward that I might have said the wrong things. I often don't really sound excited, my voice is just not like that (or I'm just really not an excitable person) so people tend to think I'm not interested for them or anything. Or they think I'm an angry person because of that but I can't help it.

Uhh and when I'm nervous I sometimes get like physical, like literally pushing someone or hitting them WHILE I really don't want to hurt anyone but whenever I get close to someone I get scared and I always back out like that, maybe it's subconsciously to keep them at arm's length from me, I really don't know. It's really frustrating because I only always realize it after a while and yeah.

Years
    I could honestly write a book about reasons why people wouldn't like me but I'll try not to write too much.

I can be pretty stubborn at times. When I think I'm correct about something then no man on earth will be able to change my mind about it.
    I can also be pretty harsh about things too, sometimes if things are extreme enough I forget that little things need to be taken into consideration too.
    I'm too quiet. If you think I'm quiet online then you should see me in real life. I think I've said about 20 words in each of my classes since September when we started. People think I don't speak english or something.

Also someone said my biggest flaw is that I don't find molecular biology cool :(

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I think I don't have an approachable personality. I'm generally reserved, quiet and shy. I always get the feeling that people find it hard to talk to me. It might just be the other way round though, haha. I'm also very solemn, most of the time, and I may sometimes subconsciously disregard people.

This being said, my friends have never really substantially remarked on my personality, so I'm uncertain. There are probably a lot of things people can dislike about me. These come from my own perspective.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Many things. Sometimes I say things I don't mean. I try to explain what I mean, but it just comes out the wrong way entirely, like diarrhea of the mouth or something.
    I'm stubborn, my feelings are easily hurt, I sound arrogant when I really do not mean to, apparently my lack of concern for politics makes people hate me...w/e.

Years
    I'm an introvert so non-introverts sometimes don't know what to do with me. I can be stubborn if I'm in a mood, and I dismiss people's opinions and feelings when I get like that because it's all about me. For the most part I try to keep my negative side in check and be considerate of other people because no one likes a jerk.

I've had a fair amount of dislike from complete strangers just for how I look, especially back in high school. I'm sure everyone can relate to that.

Back