• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What name do you give your Player in Pokemon Games, your real name or some other name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I always use my last name as my player name, not just for Pokemon though, I also use my last name in a lot of other games I play for my main character. I just love how my last name reads whenever a set of dialogue or an NPC interaction occurs where they refer to me by name. It feels formal, personal, and my last name sort of rolls off the tongue comfortably (well it does for me and a couple of friends of mine who have noticed various characters with my last name, have told me).

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Random names, friends, lovers, the canon names given by the anime/other medias, other anime, so on and so forth. I'm not a fan of my actual name, so I resort to other sources. That or I just pick something off of the top of my head. I don't really mind, as long as it's not me.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • eh depends how I feel, I usually use a different name then my actual name, but its not a same "different" name, they're all different. :3
    But lately I tend to name my characters Vaporé and of course pick a girl.
    But for my guy names when I pick the male character to play, it also varies to Seth all the way to Landon lol

Years
  • For generation I and II I usually use the default names. Past that, I'll commonly use my own name, but will switch it up from time to time.

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
  • Ever since I turned 10 and stopped calling my player Ash I've been using my real name, Devon. Which was super confusing in the original Ruby and Sapphire version, dealing with the Devon company. I couldn't tell if the company was actually suppose to mimic the players name or if it was actually just called the Devon company (for some reason... ).

t0gekiss

I normally use my real name or t0gekiss. I've always named the rival Jamie for some reason, don't know why.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2016
    When I play a Pokemon Game for the first time, I give my Player my real name so that I feel like I'm actually inside the game :P I choose a different name the second time though (:

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I always put them Ash when I use to play pokemon on my gameboy back in the days.

clefairydesuyo

fairy type pokétrainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2018
    Always 'Vicki' (my real name), and I usually choose female characters. Although on my new play of Yellow (eStore download) I am ironically called 'fxybbz' (foxy babes, in the style of email addresses of most female teenagers circa 2003). My rival is called 'herpezzz'.

Cakesu

Hyrule's Saviour
    Years
  • I've been playing 'mon since Gen 1, not sure what my name was back then, probably my real name.. but from Gen 2 onwards, I would name my character differently, such as Queenie and Cakesu which I 've been using for Gen 6.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2021
    Riayan. I haven't used any other name. Even since I started Pokemon. That is my real name.

Bet you all can't pronounce it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back