• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What new things do you expect to see in Gen VI?

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 30, 2013
    Due to the release of Sylveon, there should probably be some new stone or something to evolve it or even some new signature moves by the legendary Xerneas and Yveltal! What do you expect to see? ^^

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    Xerneas Yvetlal probably have a 2nd signature move. If you watch one of the trailers, both use some sort of beam which is probably the 2nd move. Now with Sylveon.... stone seems to be the possible evolution method

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 30, 2013
    Hmm...what about friendship level. if i remember, espeon levels w/ high friendship in day and umbreon in night. Couldnt the new pokemon-amie help?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    But with the friendship level, it's locked into espeon in day and umbreon at night. Maybe if pokemon evolved in Amie...

Silais

That useless reptile
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    There may be a new evolution stone for Sylveon and possibly other Fairy-types, or perhaps Eevee evolves into Sylveon at a specific level or in a specific place. Remember how Leafeon and Glaceon have to level up around a special rock in a special part of Sinnoh? Maybe Sylveon has something similar. Or perhaps it evolves with a moonstone?

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 30, 2013
    A moonstone? Hmm..never thought of that, but they might even make a new stone..like...a fairy stone...?

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
  • Hmm, didn't think of the Moon Stone, that is a good point. Seems like a lot of the Fairy typed attacks have some relation to the Moon so maybe the Moon Stone will be for evolving Fairy Pokemon. It already evolves a bunch that are either of the Fairy species or in that egg group so I wouldn't be surprised.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Hmm, didn't think of the Moon Stone, that is a good point. Seems like a lot of the Fairy typed attacks have some relation to the Moon so maybe the Moon Stone will be for evolving Fairy Pokemon. It already evolves a bunch that are either of the Fairy species or in that egg group so I wouldn't be surprised.

Only 1 Fairy Type attack is associated with the Moon. The other three are based off of Geomancy which is Earth related, siphoning (fairies steal your soul finally realized this OMG YES), and a new Wind based attack. Soul, Earth, Wind, and Moon are what they have touched so far.

I don't think they'll do stone this round. Gen 1 was Stone, Gen 2 was Happiness, Gen 4 was location, Gen 5 may be move that was added in Gen 5 or a new item, most likely hold if not then another location locked area.

Happiness as stated is locked to Espeon and Umbreon. Pokemon-Amie may effect Happiness as you are interacting with your Pokemon and building your bonds with them so I don't think there is a high chance of that being a cause for Sylveon to evolve. So either a new location, attack, item, or even something we haven't thought of yet.

Moonstone not very likely, why didn't Moonstone effect Eevee before now if so? They'd still have to recton that issue if they use pre-existing stones.

Years
  • I doubt Sylveon will evolve with an old method, unless they introduce a new stone or item to trade with. Every time they introduce evolutions or Pre-evolutions of Pokemon from older gens, they always use new methods of evolving. In gen 2 there was evolving with Frendship and trading with an item. Gen 3 had Breeding w/ a lax incense, and gen 4 had evolving when learning a move, evolving when leveling up in a certain area, and Leveling up while holding an item.

So, assuming this trend continues, evolutions of past Pokemon will either evolve by:
    1. A completely new method
    2. A New stone (ex. Gallade w/ Dawn Stone)
    3. A new item to trade with (ex. Dusksnoir w/ Reaper Cloth)

Wyntilda

[span="font-family: 'times new roman'; letter-spac
    Years
    • Age 26
    • she/her
    • Sinnoh
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Fairy Eevee.
    It's one of the types that there is no Eeveelution of yet (Ground, Steel, Dragon, Ghost, Bug, Fairy).

I'd love to see a Dragon Eeveelution. :)

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • I would really rather they didn't introduce a new method of evolution this generation. I'm certain they will, but I wish they wouldn't. It's not necessary to continually overcomplicate evolution (see gen 4 - they now have to have an adequate location for Magnezone, Leafeon and Glaceon every generation) when they could do something as simple as introducing more stones, or whatever.

Wyntilda

[span="font-family: 'times new roman'; letter-spac
    Years
    • Age 26
    • she/her
    • Sinnoh
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I would really rather they didn't introduce a new method of evolution this generation. I'm certain they will, but I wish they wouldn't. It's not necessary to continually overcomplicate evolution (see gen 4 - they now have to have an adequate location for Magnezone, Leafeon and Glaceon every generation) when they could do something as simple as introducing more stones, or whatever.
    This is true. I really wish they didn't have to make you run around a special rock until you level your Eevee up just to make it evolve into what you want it. That was a foolish design decision, in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Fairy Eevee.
    It's one of the types that there is no Eeveelution of yet (Ground, Steel, Dragon, Ghost, Bug, Fairy).

I'd love to see a Dragon Eeveelution. :)

....Sylveon is a Fairy Typed Eevee dude...Its been confirmed for like a month now...maybe a little more than that.

Years
  • I don't think they'll do stone this round. Gen 1 was Stone, Gen 2 was Happiness, Gen 4 was location, Gen 5 may be move that was added in Gen 5 or a new item, most likely hold if not then another location locked area.

I don't 5th Gen introduced a "new" method of evolution, unless if you count the trade that requires Karrablast and Shelmet to evolve by trading them with each other. Also it was mentioned that Pancham and Inkay may evolve with an evolution method that may be new in this gen.

Rumors stated Pancham needs a Dark-type in the party to evolve, while Inkay apparently evolves by turning the 3DS upside down when it levels up. But still I want to see when they reveal the evolution method to evolve Eevee into Sylveon.

But still, hoping for some new evolution methods but not ones that are over-complex.

Also, iirc I think all 5th Gen Pokemon (barring Karrablast and Shelmet) evolved through either level up, trading without need of a held item, maxed happiness or using a stone.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    Someone already probably mentioned this .... but I think there will be at least one more eevvee evolution in the game. Gold and Silver both brought two to the dance floor, and so do pearl and diamond. So why shouldn't X and Y d the same with two eevveelutions?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The basics such as new abilities, new moves, new items and I'm particularly looking forward to seeing how they distribute the TMS. Obviously we'll be getting some new ones but I'd really like to see the return of Water Pulse to TM03 etc.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • GF have stated that Eevee will evolve into Sylveon by a new evolution method.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I anticipate Sylveon to evolve due to something Pokemon Amie related. Perhaps female Eevee only, although I hope not.

Back