• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokémon Site has the best Pokédex?

What Pokémon Site has the best Pokédex?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    serebii has evrything in an orginized fasion, I don't like marrilands for some reason, never heard of the other one, so SEREBII ALL THE WAY!!!!!

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I have always used serebii's...it's my homepage, because it can be. It is mostly for easy access to base stats...but yeah, it's nice. Marriland's seems good too. Didn't like the other one much...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I go to serebii. Thats the first thing I do when I wake up is to see what they have on there. They also have info on SSBB. There Pokedex is very organized and sections as well

:t354:TG

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Serebii. It has exactly what I'm looking for: reference to everything D/P.

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    None of the above, in my opinion. All of them pale in comparison to the awesomeness that is Veekun.com (although Veekun occasionally has its downtimes).

Serebii has bells and whistles (i.e. anti-right click), sure, but it just doesn't have the neatness or the reliability of other sites. I know in the past that its 'dex has had errors and that the site overall has had poor or stolen information, so I generally don't trust it, even now that it's supposedly "cleaned up its act."

I HAVE NOT POSTED ANY STOLEN INFORMATION IN LIKE 6 YEARS. GET THE HELL OVER IT. I'm ****ing fed up with people saying **** like this. I stopped stealing in 2001, when I actually started making the site what it is. Very little is still around from that. So I would appreciate it if you stopped this slander. Maybe you should try actually looking at the sites and making your own opinion than echoing someone else's as that is blatantly what you're doing due to the fact that we don't have poor information, its actually the most detailled you'll find, it doesn't have errors and it is actually rather neat

As for "errors". The data is taken straight from the game and thus is accurate. Yes there was a time that we entered things manually. But that was 2003. It was years ago, we've since got an automated database system so it's actually VERY RELIABLE. Try seeing past the bull**** people spread.

Speaking away from being the Webmaster, Serebii.net has everything you could possibly want from a Pokédex. It's also easily scrollable and you can quickly scan to find stuff. It's organised better; By Number, Alphabetically, Typed, By Base Stats, By Attacks and you can also use the Search Engine to find what. Marriland lacks detailled information and forces you to hover over attacknames just to get basic data about what it does. I'd hardly call that an efficient system. So it has Size Comparisons...how is that actually helpful. Its the only unique thing they have and its not even unique as the game has it. Serebii.net clearly is the winner. Yes it has a Dark Grey layout...big deal. White on Dark Grey is no stranger than Black on White.

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    Psypokes, though I also occasionally use Serebii. Never really bothered to check out Marriland.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    I HAVE NOT POSTED ANY STOLEN INFORMATION IN LIKE 6 YEARS. GET THE HELL OVER IT. I'm ****ing fed up with people saying **** like this.

That reminds me. I don't like going to Serebii because the owner's like this. =P

(That and he doesn't realize that reputation and reliability are based on past actions or that an automated system is only as good as the people who program it. You don't gain the trust of a population early on, and you're screwed for the rest of your career. But mostly, it's because he's like that. *points up*)

Years
    Yeah, sure I'm a mod on bulba forums, and I run the bulba chat... but I still use Serebii.net for all my pokedex needs. The only other site that I would trust for that would be veekun, but I am used to Serebii's dex, and it's just so nice and easy. Plus, serebii's site has so much info on each poke, which is very nice... very nice indeed.

Also, why should black or gray background pages be avoided?

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    That reminds me. I don't like going to Serebii because the owner's like this. =P

(That and he doesn't realize that reputation and reliability are based on past actions or that an automated system is only as good as the people who program it. You don't gain the trust of a population early on, and you're screwed for the rest of your career. But mostly, it's because he's like that. *points up*)
    Because I hate it when people try to besmirch my good name? My site was nothing back then. Nobody visited it. Now its the most visited Pokemon site by a massive margin. Therefore the "reputation" is void and its just a few nay-sayers spreading it.

Plus, the reliability of the information is actually dependant on the information itself and not the person who creates a system for it.

The fact is, it was so long ago, its essentially a different site. Clinging onto the past to try and justify something such as that is pointless, wrong and just plain stupid

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Mostly Serebii, merely because it was the first one I'd heard of, so I'm the most used to it...

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    I HAVE NOT POSTED ANY STOLEN INFORMATION IN LIKE 6 YEARS. GET THE HELL OVER IT

I had no idea you did. Now I do though. Why don't I think you're the real Serebii webmaster?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well, Serebii webmaster, I'd hope you'd defend Serebii, especially considering I use it for about everything except movesets and IV calculations. The pokedex is nice...I actually like the color scheme, it's different, and not so bad.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Because I hate it when people try to besmirch my good name?

Sure, it's frustrating, and I understand that. However, it's no reason to flame someone who actually didn't directly say that you yourself are currently a thief. All I said was that you were, and that was just enough of a reason for me to be skeptical about your site, as I don't trust anyone who as at one point a thief. It's my personal belief that if you royally screwed up in the past (even to the point where you refused to take down the information) that even if you cleaned up now, it really shouldn't be worth my vote at all. Some people might think differently, but that's just how I feel. It's my opinion, and you're definitely not about to change that, especially if you go around flaming people who "want to slander your good name." (Tip: It's not slander if it was true. Again, sure, you probably don't do it anymore, but that doesn't mean you never did it.) Sorry, but this girl just doesn't think you tried very hard to build one to begin with. If it wasn't unreliable information or information theft, it was your attitude. (You kiss your mother with that mouth, my dear?)

Plus, the reliability of the information is actually dependant on the information itself and not the person who creates a system for it.

It's both. You have one flaw in the program, and the program generates flawed information, even if you think you've defined it correctly. Think of it like this. You build a machine that you meant to have make tacks, but you accidentally tell the program to make ticks. So, you get ticks in return, even though you're absolutely certain that you know what a tack looks like, how it's used, whatever.

If you want an example, I've watched Shining Arcanine over at PFU build his Pokedex, and his own at one point contained a ton of errors because he screwed up here and there with how he input codes into the system. Yours, from what I remember, had the same sort of glitches.

You know what's even stupider than establishing someone's character through misdeeds he did in the past, though? Flaming someone who points out said misdeeds. You want to impress me, you act like a webmaster and give me one good reason why I should be impressed.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Does Serebii's past actually relate to the pokedex? I don't know much about Serebii, but the pokedex is very nice. The only thing I dislike is that it can be tough to find pokemon. At least it's sorted out by each geberation, but I can never find steelix lol...it's there, it just takes awhile to find it.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Does Serebii's past actually relate to the pokedex?

On a level, yes, considering the fact that it once hosted stolen or inaccurate information, just like any other part of the site. I admit to the fact that I haven't checked it since then, however, so I'm not completely certain if it still does. (Truth be told, I've mostly boycotted the site for years because of the entire fiasco as well as several other horror stories I've heard that are unrelated.)

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    but I can never find steelix lol...it's there, it just takes awhile to find it.

Coincidence, I was looking at Steelix yesterday. Just remember what generation he came from, Gold/Silver/Crystal. That's the 2nd dropdown on Serebii. Then lookup what the NATIONAL number for him is, on a different website!

#208!

I agree with you though, they should have the Pokemon name first so I can press S multiple times.

I really do hope the Serebii Pokedex is not HTML files and is a server side script that can be changed...

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Sure, it's frustrating, and I understand that. However, it's no reason to flame someone who actually didn't directly say that you yourself are currently a thief. All I said was that you were, and that was just enough of a reason for me to be skeptical about your site, as I don't trust anyone who as at one point a thief. It's my personal belief that if you royally screwed up in the past (even to the point where you refused to take down the information) that even if you cleaned up now, it really shouldn't be worth my vote at all. Some people might think differently, but that's just how I feel. It's my opinion, and you're definitely not about to change that, especially if you go around flaming people who "want to slander your good name." (Tip: It's not slander if it was true. Again, sure, you probably don't do it anymore, but that doesn't mean you never did it.) Sorry, but this girl just doesn't think you tried very hard to build one to begin with. If it wasn't unreliable information or information theft, it was your attitude. (You kiss your mother with that mouth, my dear?)

It was years ago, its essentially a different site. The fact is, when sites start out...all sites, they steal. Everyone who has started a general pokemon fan-site has done it. I've seen it thousands of times from them stealing from me. And yes it is slander because it is not true. Even if it was true in the past. It is no longer true and therefore it is actually slander

It's both. You have one flaw in the program, and the program generates flawed information, even if you think you've defined it correctly. Think of it like this. You build a machine that you meant to have make tacks, but you accidentally tell the program to make ticks. So, you get ticks in return, even though you're absolutely certain that you know what a tack looks like, how it's used, whatever.

If you want an example, I've watched Shining Arcanine over at PFU build his Pokedex, and his own at one point contained a ton of errors because he screwed up here and there with how he input codes into the system. Yours, from what I remember, had the same sort of glitches.

You know what's even stupider than establishing someone's character through misdeeds he did in the past, though? Flaming someone who points out said misdeeds. You want to impress me, you act like a webmaster and give me one good reason why I should be impressed.

Except the fact that there is no flawed information. All of the stuff comes from the game code. Sure its had a couple of scripting errors but I immediately fixed that. I do act like a webmaster and frankly I don't give two ****s if you're impressed or not. What I do not like, is people spreading around that I cannot be trusted because of things that happened so far in the past they no longer are relevant and spreading around stuff that just isn't true.

On a level, yes, considering the fact that it once hosted stolen or inaccurate information, just like any other part of the site. I admit to the fact that I haven't checked it since then, however, so I'm not completely certain if it still does. (Truth be told, I've mostly boycotted the site for years because of the entire fiasco as well as several other horror stories I've heard that are unrelated.)

So you admit you're actually going just based on second-hand information as opposed to first hand. That is not a good or valid way in which to form an opinion. Over the last 6 years. My site has gradually got up and become respected. I have ties everywhere now, sources in companies and so forth. I was the first to bring the majority of the DP Pokémon to the public eye through hours of hard work. To get information out about names, the games, everything. If you actually did your research, you would see this and actually judge fairly rather on the distant past and bull**** "horror" stories that you heard from other people which have likely been spun and manipulated to the point of which they lose all basis in fact.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back