• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What Pokémon won you the Elite Four in B/W

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
I have heard a lot of strategies for beating the Elite four but want to hear what pokemon others used to win

I used a Dragonite lv 66
thunderbolt
flamethrower
ice beam
surf

Joshawott

Banned
Years
Assuming you're talking about Black and White, I believe I had my Carracosta out when the final blow was delivered to Ghetsis' Pokémon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
As mentioned above, this is assuming B/W's E4 before confronting N.

I'll just mention the teams that I used in both games.

Black: Samurott, Scolipede, Archeops, Excadrill, Haxorus, Sawk

White: Emboar, Sigilyph, Excadrill, Carracosta, Haxorus, Galvantula

~V~

"Winds of a New Beginning"
Years
Assuming for B/W E4. My Emboar really carried the team on my first ever run.

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
I recently beated the elite four with this team: Larviatar, Oshawott, Vanilite, Pichu, Shuppet and Larvesta.

The team I used to beat Elite 4 Twice, one before N and one with Alder was: Blissey, Lampent, Metagross and Bellossom. Also had a HM slave Arceus.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
Years
My Serperior, litterally beat up the E4. O_o

Growth
Leaf Blade
Strenght
Giga Drain

But it was a bit different against N and Gethis. xD

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
In my first playthrough I wasnt really ready for the last battle. All my Pokemon were very slow, and they kept of getting swept by Hydragon. I ended up having my Musharna put it to sleep. That was on the third try though, that seemed like a really tough battle at the time

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
Scrafty and Archeops were my key players the first time through. I think they almost swept through two Elite 4 members each. I also recall Scrafty doing a particularly good job against N and Ghetsis.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Scrafty. Literally it is the only useful Pokemon at all when it comes to the Elite Four. I was told that for my first playthrough and didn't follow the advice, didn't the second time, finally did the third time, and I was so appleased it was successful!! :) Just needed a psychic or a flying type though tbh, which I seemed to not have. :x Oh yeah, level 100 Herdier/Audino also can work against Alder in particular. XD

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Scrafty. Literally it is the only useful Pokemon at all when it comes to the Elite Four. I was told that for my first playthrough and didn't follow the advice, didn't the second time, finally did the third time, and I was so appleased it was successful!! :) Just needed a psychic or a flying type though tbh, which I seemed to not have. :x Oh yeah, level 100 Herdier/Audino also can work against Alder in particular. XD

Um, my Mienshao wrecked all of the E4s, except for the Psychic. And even then she killed like two of her 'mons. But I agree that Scratfy's typing makes it the most useful.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh well yeah, I see why it could be useful too! But reallyyyy, Scrafty has the advantage of being super effective against three/four, which Mienshao cannot claim, so thus Scrafty wins out imo. :3

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Oh well yeah, I see why it could be useful too! But reallyyyy, Scrafty has the advantage of being super effective against three/four, which Mienshao cannot claim, so thus Scrafty wins out imo. :3

imo any strong Fighting type destroys the Unova '4. :x

All you need is a Dark/bug with him and you'll be good to go.

Years
Let's see if I can remember, I had Serperior, Vanilluxe, Chandelure, Victini, Braviary and one other I can't really remember, those five are usually part of my main team.

The Mewtwo

Real Mewtwo
Years
I used a level 86 (at the time, now hes 100!) Samurott
A Level 72 Volcarana
Level 54 Mewtwo
Level 100 Porygon - Z (Hacked from friend, i didn't use it, which was weird).
Level ??? Zekrom (I forgot the level he starts on lol)

And thats it. A pretty good team but i still dont get it. A champion of one region has a HUGE Temple!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man he must be good.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
On White it was mostly Carracosta and Haxorus that won me the tougher battles such as Grimsley and Caitlin.

My team at the time was Emboar, Excadrill, Haxorus, Carracosta, Reuniclus, and Cofagrigus.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
Years
My team was what my teams been throughout pretty much the whole game. They were all like lvl 54 i think, im not sure...I beat the game quite a long time ago, but I think my team was:

-Crustle
-Reuniclus
-Eelektross
-Chandelure
-Braviary
-Zweilous

My pokes are all in their lvl 70's now I think, and I've switched out my Braviary for my trusty ol' pal SIMMY(Dragonite, LOL. Sorry for the terrible name; I was young and uncreative...).

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
My first clear was with Archeops, whom the rest of the team was eventually foddered-off to support.

Back