• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What pokemon do you think deserved to be a starter?

Exon

Hacker in Training
Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    There are a couple of pokemon I think could have made suitable starters...what about you?

For me, I think eevee would have made a great starter. It allowed for further player choices as well as being able to give some diversity to game play. Eevee could be taken any way the player wanted, suiting more than just 3 styles of plays. It also seems like it would add a level of difficulty to the game as well. That's just my two cents....so how about you? Can you spare some change and some time? LMK what you all think PC <(^_^)>

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    Agreeing with Evee, Firstly, It's Small but still has some fight in it, That's Starter material. Secondly, It evolves with true friendship or with a Stone. Also, Evee Would be a challenge because we all know that Evee doesn't have the greatest stats, So i agree.

luxray_12

Loving the originals
    Years
  • Yes I agree on Eevee.
    But I'd like to see other types utilized in starters.
    Not the same boring fire, water and grass types.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • Eevee would make a fantastic starter, especially because of all of it's evolutionary abilities. Hmm, I think it might be time for an Eevee solo-run.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yes, Eevee would be brilliant. But, i think these would work too:
    Caterpie (fast evolution!)
    Ekans (only evolves twice, but is fairly strong, not too strong though)
    Clefairy (was originally going to be the mascot)

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Eevee'd be good. Something simple like a Happiny might be nice.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • I've always thought that starting out with some baby Pokemon like Pichu would be adorable. Of course, it could mess up the balanced advantage/disadvantage chain they've got going there, but it's still ADORABLE. ;m;

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Growlithe and Vulpix woulda made good Fire starters if you ask me d:
    Poliwag coulda been water, and Bellsprout coulda been grass :D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Moved to General Gaming since it could cover more than GBA. Anyway, I'm fine with what the starters are, except the gen IV ones. Could have better designs, but even still, I like the other starters the way they are.

Technically, Eevee is a starter because of Pokemon XD.

c3rad

Grass-Type user
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2012
    I think they could do a Dark-Fighting-Psychic trio.

They could use tyrogue or Machop for fighting

Abra or Ralts for psychic

And as for dark I'm clueless

Fire2100

A Beginning Trainer
    Years
  • I would say that I deserve a Mudkip at a starter because it can defeat mostly all of the Pokemon gym leaders in the games.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Spheal. At first, before Mudkip grew onto me, it was my least favorite starter of all generations. It just seemed a bit...off compared to the others. But when I saw Spheal, Sealeo, and Walrein, something just clicked and said "That should have been Generation III's water stater!"

Fun Fact: Walrein has the same Base Stat total as Blaziken and Sceptile at 530.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Ralts should be a starter.
    The shortest game ever, unless you can manage to struggle your way.

Years
  • I like the idea of Vulpix and Growlithe as starters, they would be pretty good.

Also Eevee, since of all the evolutions.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • Dratini would be a cool starter. Trapinch would be a nice choice as well.
    3 stage evolutions that don't start out as anything special but evolve into well respected Pokemon.

Back