• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon is the boss of your team?

Years
    I think it's a tie between my Gothitelle and Samurott.

Samurott, being my starter is strong and he helped me win some crucial battles against Team Plasma and minor Trainers.

Gothitelle, she was a Pokemon most of PC didn't want me to use due to the dominance of Dark-type Pokemon, but I defied the odds and she's a hard hitter.

My strongest Pokemon is my Level 70 Female Docile Hydreigon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I don't really have one particular Pokémon that I use in excessive amounts - I try to spread the love over to everyone else.

Even if I did answer, I have a bunch of Pokémon that I frequently, if not always, use. Some examples would be Infernape, Electivire, Weavile, Hydregion, among a bunch of others.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2012
    My Gyarados normally. Rarely it is the starter, as I normally see those with a more calm personality, and not as leaders (same with my Crobat too). In the aftergame, it's a frenzy between my D-Nite, Gyarados and Gengar, which are basicly "competing" for the lead.

A while ago I even went to the E4 with the three of them and supporters (my female T-Tar, a recently trained Blissey and my Lapras) and counted to see which one got more kills in (all level 80). This was in FireRed, so obviously, Gyarados swept Bruno, Gengar pwned Agatha and D-Nite dealt with Lance (with some aid from the Gyarados, for the ice and stuff). They all smacked Lorelei across the face, since the three of them have Tbolt, and the Dragonite has fire, so he dealt with Mamoswine and the Jynx. Same **** with Gary, but to a lesser extent. Ended up being a tie between my Gengar and Gyarados, with the Dragonite being two kills short.

All of them are boss though

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Hmm, I guess it'd be my starter, since it has been with me ever since the start of my jouirney. :'3

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
    In black it's my Chandelure as its moves have a nice type coverage and it's fast and strong. In Platinum it's either Rotom or Houndoom, those guys are great.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Usually my starter is the boss of my team, or the last Pokemon i caught before challenging the elite four. During my recent runs, Scyther in FireRed with SD + Slash helped me a lot. In White, Haxorus with DD + Dragon Claw breezed through the E4.

Retro Gamer'93

Pokemon Master of Kanto
    Years
    Pikachu and Pidgeot are the bosses, no matter how "overrated" people think they are, they are my most powerful.

Years
    In black it's my Chandelure as its moves have a nice type coverage and it's fast and strong. In Platinum it's either Rotom or Houndoom, those guys are great.

I've got a Chandelure that Lv72, strongest of my whole team (she's only one level above my Hydreigon).

She's got Flamethrower and Shadow Ball for STAB and Energy Ball for coverage against some of her weaknesses.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I have two main teams currently. I love playing with both of them however my current team is having some trouble. I can't quite fill the role of the 6th pokemon so I'm trying all sorts of stuff till I get it right.

The Boss of my Drizzle Team is my Shiny Gorebyss named "Porcelina". She is insanely powerful on this team and most of my battling tactics are based on getting her out on the field. She needs little to no preparation, she has an insanely good booster move, and when she's in danger she has a powerful escape plan. Fear the power of Shell Smash Drizzle STAB Surf!

The Boss of my current Team is my Masquerain named "Starla". She is always the opening pokemon for my current team. Based on the results of turn one I can always generally know which direction to take my team based on what my Masquerain can accomplish. She's like my lead tactician pokemon. The entire team is built around the actions that my Masquerain can pull off before I need to switch her out.

My Dragonite. He totally pounds and decimates.

lol Your Dragonite is not very efficient if he's only killing one out of every ten enemies he encounters...

Last edited:
    Years
    I think the word you are looking for is "MVP" ;)

Kind of surprising too.. they kind of came out of nowhere really.

Gen 4 - It was really all about my Machamp (Sockit lol). My Empoleon was his Wingman of sorts, but he had to sit out the Epic Take down of the Elite four because his typing was a bit of a hindrance. My Machamp produced an offspring during his "retirement" from heavy training, (Sockit Jr) who later helped me out in Heart Gold to totally take out that Miltank. Sockit wasn't really that good though, his nature and his ability wasn't totally great. For game purposes though, worked wonderfully.

Gen 5 - Kind of hard to pin point. Krookodile and Leavanny seem to be the most powerful guys I have.. unfortunately, much like Empoleon, Leavanny probably won't make it to the Elite four.. her typing is just too much of a hinderance, and her spot on the team can be better utilized by someone else. She'll be cheering from the sidelines I'm sure. :P

Actual "non taking out the elite four" nonsense has yet to be determined.. being I haven't yet beat Gen 5.. and competitive serious team building has yet to commence.

Years
    These two are definitely my strongest Pokemon and the leaders of my team in Black!

This Chandelure and Gothitelle, both Lv74 and are female. Chandelure has a Lonely nature, Gothitelle has a Calm nature.

Gothitelle helped me catch a Zangoose and Seviper today, she helped me catch a lot of Pokemon.

I use Chandelure when my weaklings need someone to help out.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Persian is my most often used Pokemon, though stat-wise it's obviously not the strongest. My heaviest hitter is Metagross.

In-game, it's actually once again Persian who's at higher levels than my other teammates, for the reason that it's the one holding the Amulet Coin and using Pay Day on opponents for fun and profit... especially in Leaf Green, when I'm constantly seeking out extra cash for Game Corner prizes.

So, I guess that makes Persian my boss?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    My team's 'boss' is starter Pokémon from that generation. :)

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
    Years
    The strongest member of my team is always the starter of that generation,once in a while I train another pokemon better,it's usually a psychic type.

Years
    normally the 'boss' of my team is my starter, but when I got pokemon white, i got the event Viciniti, so now my Viciniti is my team's boss, second only to my newly evolved Volcarona name Mothra.
    oddly enough I normally stay with water-types and psychic-types throughout my pokemon teams...yet in pokemon white, even though I chose Oshawott, its one of the weakest pokemon i have, and I'm more towards fire pokemon in B/W but i still like psychic pokemon too...i luv my Munna....I named her Masacre ^^

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
    Samurott in White. It never left my team until the post-game, and it's going to make a return very soon.

Leavanny was also part of my party for a very long time.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    Each team:
    Red:
    Venusaur
    Yellow: Venusaur (Lol, wut)
    Silver: Feralgatr
    Crystal: Electabuzz
    Ruby: Swampurt
    LG: Dragonite
    Emerald: Blaziken
    Pearl: Garchomp