• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon seems the most villanous to you?

SeleneHime

The pen may be mightier than the sword, but I'll t
    Years
    Okay, I'm going to put my two cents in - Take them with a grain of rice if you will, but its just my opinion.

Yes, you can use Dark and/or Poison types as your villains. But do you really want to crystal clear right off the bat? I would assume (yes, I know what it means) that you'd want a bit more intrigue ... Make people wonder who the mastermind is. I personally wouldn't want stereotyping that screams "I'm the bad guy". Sometimes, the villain can be the most unexpected character. As another person already pointed out, how many people would suspect that sweet and innocent little jigglypuff you introduced back at the beginning of the series?

JX Valentine proves a lot of good points. I'd take them into consideration.

A real challenge, though, is the motive. Most pokemon don't have the material things that humans have started wars over. What kind of plot are you aiming for? Something that affects the world? Something that only affects one 'region' or area? Or is it something that's only personal?

Dragonite Ernston

I rival Lance's.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2016
    My advice - same as most of the other people, don't worry about it. Any Pokémon could be a good villain, provided you give them the right "motivations" (is the word I believe JX Valentine used).

Zoroark, Gengar, etc. could even be written badly as villains if you don't handle them well. Not every villainous-looking Pokémon is villainous.

Try something like a disillusioned Blastoise.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2022
    have thought about a primal dialga type thing, where like a normally good pokemon becomes corrupted? Say, a lucario, fierce looks cool and then at the end can be revealled to be not that bad of a pokemon.

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    Despite apparenly being good, Darkrai.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    Munchlax, cast in a sort of doctor evil, but more like Hannibal Lecter role. =]
    Reasoning; He's cute, adorable, goofy, and the last Pokemon you would expect to speak in the manner Meowth does, voiced my Malcolm McDowell, who turns out to run an evil secret society behind the scenes bent on organizing Pokemon to wage an all out war on humans, all the while living amongst them as a "Dolt". On another note, how wicked would it be to see someone like ash stumble upon a dark, red velvet themed dining room with a large chair turned, hearing that voice, the chair revolving and seeing Munchlax with a plate in it's lap with little slices and the head of a Dratini! > >,,

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Despite apparenly being good, Darkrai.

A little thing called Aggron, despite being Badass it's scary as hell.

Munchlax, cast in a sort of doctor evil, but more like Hannibal Lecter role. =]

Honestly, guys, if you want to offer suggestions to the OP, power to you, but at least offer up some specific reasoning as to why you chose these kinds of things. For example, sure, Aggron might be seen as scary to one character or another, but one is also owned by Steven Stone, a canonical good guy. Just because you're gruff and a badass doesn't necessarily mean you're evil.

As for Darkrai, that's pretty much it. It looks evil, but it's not necessarily evil. Its movie proved that it can be good, whereas Mystery Dungeon proved that it could be bad. Therefore, Darkrai itself isn't evil; it's what the writers do with it that makes it swing one way or another. In other words, it's actually a prime example of what other people (the ones talking about figuring out the character based on personality and backstory instead of species) have been trying to say.

With that being said, you really can't judge a book by its cover, and for this reason, really any Pokémon can be villainous one way or another (as has been stated earlier). It's all about what you do with them -- who they are, why they're evil, what purposes they serve in the story, that sort of thing. Going about it on the level of working out who your villain is instead of what it is will help you develop believable characters with depth... or, in short, interesting characters. It will also make it easier to develop your story because you've practically worked out part of it just by trying to figure out who the antagonist is.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    I'd have to say Darkrai, it seems dark, envious, and cold which perfectly suites the plot, it's just my opinion but..yeah

Back