• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Poke'mon Type is Your Specialty?

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    I'd be the 8th gym leader with the following pokemon:

- Mienshao
    - Conkeldurr (even though it's ugly as hell)
    - Scrafty
    - Breloom
    - Golurk (although he's not a fighting-type)
    MAIN: Machamp / Terrakion (IDGAF if Terrakion's a legendary)

Yup, a Fighting-type gym leader.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    I'd probably be a second/third gym leader, specializing in grass types. My Pokemon would be:
    • Turtwig (Torterra is too strong, pfft)
    • Snover
    • Deerling
    • Roselia/Roserade

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
    I'd be a Fire-type Gym Leader, probably the 8th.

-Arcanine
    -Houndoom
    -Blaziken
    -Magmortar
    -Ninetales

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
    Years
    How can you just pick one type? If I were a Gym Leader, I would not pick a specific type. I'd have more of a specific theme to my team. Like "technology" or "quadrupeds" or "imposters".

I suppose if I HAD to pick a type, it'd be the Dark Type. We haven't had one of those yet, and Dark Types are pretty cool. I'll be using 5 Pokémon.

Not sure which gym number I'd take up, but my team would have these or their lower/higher stages:

Absol
    Houndoom
    Mightyena
    Sneasel
    and Spiritomb, just to frustrate those who think they'll have an easy win with Fighting types.

And if I am allowed to use themes instead of types, here's a few possibilities.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2013
    Bug!

My strongest would be Beedrill (my favorite)
    and the rest would be:
    Yanma
    Scyther
    Butterfree
    Galvantula
    Mothim

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
    I specialize in Water types, since I always happen to have 2 or more in my in-game team in every mainstream game...

My six Pokemon of choice include: Feraligatr, Sharpedo, Poliwrath, Starmie, Lanturn and Whiscash.

Plenty of coverage with those secondary typings.

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
    Electric types are my specialty. If I was an Electric type Gym Leader, I would most likely focus on the heavy hitters. My team would most likely consist of the following:

Raichu, Galvantula *for those pesky Psychics and Dark types*, Lanturn *can't let the Ground-types sweep me*, Emolga *can't hit what doesn't touch the ground :P *, Eelektross, and Refrigerator Rotom.

The reason I say this is because at least two of the above are almost always on my team during any given game. Lanturn and Raichu have been seen in FR/LG, HG/SS. Pachirisu and Rotom *Magnezone*, and Eelektross and Emolga.

Ground types are hard to counter, but nine times out of ten I can send them packing.

If you count Rotom as a Legendary *I don't, but I digress*, I'd have to say Magnezone.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'd be an electric-type Gym Leader and my team would beee...

• Cherrim
    • Raichu
    • Stunfisk
    • Luxray
    • Magnezone
    • Galvantula
    I'd also be fine with any pre-evolution of the Pokemon listed in the case that my gym were earlier on in the lineup. I'd probably go with only a subset of those Pokemon instead of the full team, too. The Cherrim is non-negotiable.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd be specializing in fire-type Pokémon, because I have a deep love for them. Most of my favorite Pokémon are categorized as this type. If I was a gym leader, my team would consist of Nintales, Volcarona, Torkoal, Heatran, Houndoom, and Chandelure. If I'm not allowed to have any legendary Pokémon on my team, then I would replace Heatran with Infernape. And if I was required to have a couple of unevolved Pokémon, then I'd replace Ninetales with Vulpix and Volcarona with Larvesta. =)

Victreebel's Bro

The Day Is My Enemy
    Years
    I'd probably be specializing in either fire or flying, though I think I might choose flying for this one. The main reason why I like the flying type is...well, because of Fly. They also have very cool designs (as least the non-bird ones) in my opinion. If I was a gym leader, my team would be...
    Gliscor
    Altaria
    Skarmory
    Drifblim

Id probably be the seventh gym leader, judging by the team

Back