• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What shinies have you legitimately caught in G/S/C??

Rapidash

Firefly Class.
Years
  • In all of my years of playing Pokemon, completing most of the games and completing the Dex' in Silver I've never seen a shiny.

FM actual L

but, as in my sig. I'll sell my soul for a shiny Ponyta

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I really wish that shininess was still related to a Pokemon's IV's.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2010
    A shiny Gyarados of course, a ditto, a doduo, a elekid (egg) and a Noctowl. ajajajaaj looking back i played Pokemon crystal a little too much XD

Years
  • Theres a 50% percent chance of getting a shiny Pokemon from the Day Care mystery egg.
    From that Ive gotten a shiny Igglybuff and Magby. :)
    In the wild below Ecruteak I caught a shiny Hoothoot. :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2016
    I got a shiny Pidgey, and also found a shiny Rattata. That's about it for me, I think. And I've spent countless of hours grinding and trying to catch every pokémon I can find.

Darkfire_Danny

Houndoom Fanatic
    Years
  • Even though I've played through Crystal many a time and hatched the Mystery Egg loads of times, I've never got the Shiny from it despite it being 50% Shiny :/ . I've got a few in Gen 3 and loads in Gen 4 though so it's all good :D .

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I never caught a shiny in G/S/C (excluding the shiny Gyarados, of course.). ;_; The only shiny Pokemon I have ever caught have been in the 4th Generation games. xD

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • Shiny Gligar in Gold. I almost ran out of Ultra Balls, though. D:

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
    Years
  • It's weird but most of my shinies in G/S/C were poison, I still remember my first- shiny Koffing :)
    I had also: Victreebell (from Bellsprout), Crobat ( one from Zubat one from Golbat), Beedrill (from Kakuna), Jumpluff (from Hoppip), Pidgeot( from Pidgey), Noctowl (from Hoothoot), Snorlax and that was very funny- I didn't want Snorlax, I just wanted his Leftovers, but I forgot to teach a Pokemon Thief, fortunately I saved before battle, when I restarted the game Snorlax was Shiny. Kinda cool :) I also had a shiny Sudowoodo and a Hypno (from Drowzee). But my favourite was Tentacruel! It looked awesome in Crystal! I always wanted shiny Skarmory, but I had'nt that much luck :/

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • I've caught some:
    Gold: Rattata x2 (different playthroughs), Ursaring and maybe Geodude (I kind of remember that it was the first shiny I saw but it's been long time and I think I caught it)
    Silver: Raticate
    Crystal: None other than the Gyarados as in other games too :D

Ayselipera

I'm pretty sure I only caught a shiny Caterpie in Ilex forest. Besides that I once saw a shiny Delbird in Ice Path, but I didn't have any poke balls on me. Although it wasn't really a total loss since I don't like Delibird to begin with, but there is somehing about encountering a shiny Pokemon that makes my heart aflutter<3

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    I caught a purple drowzee in the route right before goldenrod.
    I also found a shiny butterfree in the bug catching contest. It always kinda annoyed me that i lost that particular contest, i was hoping that seeing as they are so rare shinies would be worth more points or something, but NOOOOO. Oh well, it makes for a good story XD.

Back