• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Shiny pokemon have you captured Legitly?

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
(It appears my first post was deleted. Probably put it in pokemon general by mistake and an Admin deleted it, or hit cancel)

What Shiny pokemon have you managed to find and capture legitly? I've personally found a Shiny Zubat and a Shiny Koffing in Emerald. When I gave the game to my brother a year later, he found a Shiny Whismur. No, the red Gyarados you get for free in HG/SS Doesn't count.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2013
None yet but I'm trying for Eevee on diamond atm. Chaining in trophy garden and masuda with Korean glameow.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Shiny hoot-hoot in my Gold, and a shiny pidgey in my Heartgold.

I'm actually trying out the masuda method for a shiny snorunt right now, but yeah.

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Shiny solrock in Ruby and shiny graveler in diamond but failed to catch graveler.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
Shiny Growlith (Sp?) on HG, and shiny Staravera (Sp?) on Pt

The former leads my Black team as an Arcanine, and the later sits in my White version (as a Staraptor with all the other Pokémon I've accumulated there.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I've randomly found shiny Whismur, Golbat, Fearow, Ekans, Venipede, and Metang. I have all of them still, except for the Whismur. And I have RNGed a fair few shinies, but I guess that depends on if you consider RNGing legit. And I've never gotten a shiny via Masuda or chaining.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I have quite a lot of legit shinies:

Emerald: Koffing

Diamond: Geodude (deleted to start a new game)

Platinum: Roselia, Sneasel, Marill, Blissey (all lost)

HeartGold: Mewtwo (lost)

SoulSilver: Tentacool, Golbat, Nidorina

Black: Gothita

White: Sewaddle, Golduck, Lunatone

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
I have quite a lot of legit shinies:
Emerald: Koffing

Diamond: Geodude (deleted to start a new game)

Platinum: Roselia, Sneasel, Marill, Blissey (all lost)

HeartGold: Mewtwo (lost)

SoulSilver: Tentacool, Golbat, Nidorina

Black: Gothita

White: Sewaddle, Golduck, Lunatone
You can't get a legit shiny Mewtoo. If you got it through trading, whomever you got it from hacked it in, and thus it is not legit. I'm nearly positive that there is currently no way to legitly get a shiny legendary pokemon.

Years
As far as i can remember i once caught a shiny Shuppet in sapphire.... and while on the main story in black a shiny vullaby...
I keep replaying my old games all the time and currently replaying Yellow lol so ive probably seen alot more but cant remember...... Do shinys actually exist in 1st gen games?

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
As far as i can remember i once caught a shiny Shuppet in sapphire.... and while on the main story in black a shiny vullaby...
I keep replaying my old games all the time and currently replaying Yellow lol so ive probably seen alot more but cant remember...... Do shinys actually exist in 1st gen games?
I do not believe so......And Yellow <3. Yellow was the first pokemon game I ever played....And my first handheld game. Gave it to my younger syblings one day and they lost it....

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
GSC: Krabby, Zubat, Arbok, Smoochum, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Tyrogue, Elekid, Magby.

R/S/E: Aron, Wurmple, Zigzagoon, Casscoon.

White: Audino.

...yup. :'D
Gotta love that 50/50 mystery egg from Crystal.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
Years
I've only ever caught one legitimately, Rhyhorn, in Platinum, took me freakin ages to chain that SOB and haven't bothered to try since.

Zeus

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 8, 2016
I've caught a shiny Spearow in Pokemon crystal, but abandoned it.

Then, I found a shiny Nincada in Pokemon Sapphire, so I sent it to my Soulsilver. It still rests in my SS Pc. (Btw, if I evolve the shiny Nincada, do I get a shiny Ninjask & shiny Shedinja?)

I also found a shiny Metapod in a hacked Pokemon game recently, but I didn't capture it (too lasy for that now)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You can't get a legit shiny Mewtoo. If you got it through trading, whomever you got it from hacked it in, and thus it is not legit. I'm nearly positive that there is currently no way to legitly get a shiny legendary pokemon.

It's called soft resetting, RNGing, or luck. Signomi, a member here, found a shiny Virizion on Black her first time facing it, without even trying for it to be shiny. So yes, it's possible to get shiny legendaries. All except for Victini, Reshiram, and Zekrom. So if anyone says they have a shiny one of those, then it's definitely not legit. I don't think shiny Arceus or Celebi is either, since I don't think you can RNG for shiny Wondercard Pokemon.

Oh. And I totally forgot to mention my shiny Igglybuff. Woo hoo odd egg!

Back