• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Shiny pokemon have you captured Legitly?

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I ended up getting a Shiny eevee once, I think from that one house in Hearthome. I've seen a few shinies in previous gens but don't recall catching any of them. I was really happy about the eevee at the time too because I wanted a shiny umbreon and/or espeon.

Years back in Emerald was when I first saw a shiny espeon while I was taking that trainer hill challenge or whatever above Mauville, was a few floors away from the end and this one trainer had one; made me mad that that was how I stumbled upon one, haha.

ceremony

rah rah
Years
First shiny was in Gold, which was an Unown.

The last shiny I caught was in Sapphire. It was a Psyduck. I kept it as a Psyduck because it stays blue as a Golduck. I migrated him to my Diamond and then to my Black.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
As far as I can remember, I've only captured one shiny Pokémon: Geodude. I was filming a video on how to capture a Hippopotas in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, and somehow managed to run into it on film. In anticipation of uploading the video to YouTube, I accidentally forgot to save my game. Haven't seen a shiny since...

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
A shiny Whismur in Sapphire and a shiny Litwick in White, both during EV training haha.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Im assuming this is general talk about shinies. Well my random shinies have been an Oddish in Sapphire version( lucky catch too, I had one Pokeball), a Lillipup in my Japanese Black version and an Audino in my English White. Ive soft resetted for many shinies after deciding they were pretty awesome and started actively seeking them out. Some of the shinies Ive gotten are Cyndaquil, Lugia, Ho-oh, The Sinnoh lake trio, Treecko, and Lapras. Ive also chained a few, like Magnemite, Togepi, Shinx, Sentret, Spoink, and Cubone, though I have trouble with that method usually.

Volcoronawing649

New Recruit
Years
The only shiny Pokemon I have ever captured was a female shiny Meditite! I was playing Pokemon Platinum one day and I captured it after lowering it HP to only 2 HP points! I named it Shine (horrible name I know XD)
___________________________________________________________________________________

Volcarona FTW! Oh and Larvesta, he is cool too.......

Years
I've managed to catch 2 of the 5 shinies I've seen.

I caught a shiny Shroomish in the Petalburg Woods (without realising until months later), and I caught a Heracross in the Hoenn Safari Zone (both on Sapphire, but different save files).

I've also found a shiny Teddiursa south of Blackthorn in Gold (OHKOed it by accident), and a Shiny Paras in the Kanto Safari Zone on Fire Red. Unfortunately for me, I had only one Safari Ball left from trying to catch a Chansey, and when battling the Paras, it shook twice before getting free.

The fifth one that I saw was a shiny Weedle when working on a hack. And let's just say, I didn't know the old man would teach you how to catch a shiny Pokemon...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Muk, Meowth, Swinub, Ponyta, Buneary, Solosis, Patrat, and Herdier. Not necessarily in that order.

Somehow I seem to be some sort of shiny Pokemon magnet. None of those that I coaught in D/P/Pt were done through chaining... just normal random encounters xD

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
I've caught an electrike in Ruby (first time I learned about shinies)
Encountered a Machop in Diamond
Downed a Tentacool on a Gold ROM (I was using speed...)
Also took out a Sandslash on the same Gold ROM (Using speed as well -_-')
Somehow hatched a Nidoran (F) in Black while breeding one to trade someone who wanted one haha! The 'Masuda' method wasn't in place. (both Pokemon in daycare caught by me)

Years
Caught a shiny Wurmple which evolved into a Beautifly. Almost caught a shiny female Nidoran, however, it was in the safari zone and it ran away...

Years
Caught a shiny Nidoran Male in Pokemon Gold, and in the same playthrough while filling my dex, caught a shiny Wooper later on. Since then, I've yet to catch a shiny.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
My only shiny I caught:
Sentret.
It will always be remembered.

Back