• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What sparked your initial interest in Black and White?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I first became excited when Serebii first announced it :'3 I was really happy that we were getting a new generation 8D

I checked Serebii everyday for updates and such; I loved seeing all the new Pokemon being announced along with the fake-mons. 8) Now we can kinda repeat with the english names \o/

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I first became excited when Serebii first announced it :'3 I was really happy that we were getting a new generation 8D

I checked Serebii everyday for updates and such; I loved seeing all the new Pokemon being announced along with the fake-mons. 8) Now we can kinda repeat with the english names \o/
    Same with me. I was just happy there was a fifth generation. Which means new challenges, new startegies, and new pokemon. That's what got me excited. I also checked serebii every day too actually. XD

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm a big fan of the pokemon series and I've gotten at least one of every main generation game so naturally the second "Pokemon Black/White" appeared my interest was very high.

I got a good buzz when I saw the constantly animated sprites and started seeing the new pokemon though, it looked like the best gen for pokemon to date so my interest went up even more. (if that was possible :p)

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    Well,i looked at Arceus' entry on Bulbapedia out of boredom, and...another pokemon was after it! It was Zorua, then Zoroark. Then BW info quickly started appearing and i was following them.

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
    Years
    I'm a fellow who really didn't enjoy the 3rd gen pokemon games and while I enjoyed the 4th gen I didn't love them as I did the 1st and 2nd gen. So I wasn't that exited at the sounds of black & white with the thoughts "here comes basically the same game again in a new box". However I've recently been looking at the new pokemon and surprisingly I think they are great. There are still a few that I'm not too fond of (the ice cream guy for one) but overall I love them, this in part I think is from me giving up the idea that they should be a certain way and in part to them looking cool anyway.

I have also been watching wifi battles and other game-play things on youtube (though I'm trying to avoid anything spoilery) and I feel genuinely exited about the release of these games. I'm loving the graphics and I might look to get back into proper competitive battling (I'm going to have a lot to learn/re-learn as it has been a while). I'm actually kind of regretting having looked up all this stuff as I'm now so exited that I can hardly feel I can wait!

... did I mention I'm excited?

blue

gucci
    Years
    I've been a fan of Pokémon since.. well it was first released, I remember my first Pokémon game was Pokémon Blue on the year of it's release and I was only very young and ever since I haven't stopped playing, I think the games are just awesome and very addictive, I've got a copy of (nearly) every Pokémon game I think, however some aren't working.

I remember speculations of the 5th Generation near the beginning of 2010 but wasn't sure wether they were true or not so I looked into it kind of but found nothing, one day I decided to go on Google News and type in 'Pokemon' (usually I'd check Serebii but I wasn't expecting anything major) and I remember seeing Zorua and Zoroark (and I remember that I used google because I was amazed that I found out such big news through something that I'd never use and now, I use it to check what's going on) and that got me intrested, then news, information and pictures started rolling in and I thought that it looked well.. awesome, as I wasn't too impressed with D/P/PT I was sure that this wouldn't be as good as previous games but once I got my hands on a copy of the Japanese version (I still remember tracking the game) I literally was attacthed, I coudn't stop playing and I was so addicted, so I stopped playing it because I wanted to wait for the English release so that I didn't spoil the rest of the storyline, even though I'd completed most of the game but ever since then and my experience I've just been overly excited awaiting the English release which has made me even more excited finding out the Release date (6th March) which means there's just below 60 days to wait and the day it comes out is the day I buy it!

Everything about the game is great, it's flawless, the music, the graphics, the cities, the storyline, the Pokémon, everything about this game I love it, much more prefere it to Pokémon Diamond & Pearl, which we're okay, really can't wait to get this in English, probally get White then Black then (if there is one) the 3rd game.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    First thought was, "New generation? Heck yeah!" It's always good news to hear that a new mainstream game is coming, because it means your favorite franchise is still alive. True, not always are the Pokémon the best of designs - I had to adjust myself to Unova's set of Pokémon, still am with some. But, with a new generation, it meant a new region to explore, new Pokémon to catch and see, plus a new adventure and story to complete! After learning about the graphics in the game, the battle system and design, I was hooked! Not to forget that many of the Pokémon they were revealing caught my attention well enough to like. Then I heard we weren't playing as the average ten-year-old anymore, and I found that even better, because it meant a possibility of a new storyline from the norm.

Since the game's release, I haven't been following any of the game details because I don't want to spoil anything before I have my own game, but my interest in Black and White remained.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    Hey, it's a new main Pokémon game. I was hooked when I saw Serebii bring the good news.

Like most people probably.

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
    I first became excited when...they announced the games. Because I'm such a Pokemon fan that I didn't care that the Pokemon designs might not be stellar? Yeah, I guess I am. I think it's because I'm always really curious to see what new things they throw into the games because they always do that. So...yeah. I got excited as soon as they announced the games because I was interested to see all the new Pokemon and new features immediately. (:

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
    Years
    Love it!

I found out about the pokemon game in the Official Nintendo magazine! along with the wicked 3Ds which has added to the exsitment!

Isasapiens

A pine tree...
    Years
    Well, I got interested a little when the games got announced. "Well, let's be careful with what we cheer up for." But then, I saw Zorua and Zoroark. "Those are pretty good". And as more pokemon got revealed and more screenshots shown, it has caught my entire interest.
    Now I'm waiting patiently for Black and White to come.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2011
    i was excited about the ability to catch every pokemon within these two games, also Zoroark looks badass.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Seeing the ad has reignited my intrest in BW :)
    I can't wait for March 6th :D!
    Another thing that got me intrested was Rankulus and the Celestial pokemon (aka Lady gaga)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I think it was just the fact that it was a new pokémon game, with a new generation. Zoroark's Design did interest me though.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
    I'm just interested on the series, so I'm stoked for this one. I don't know how this one will go up against the older ones as I've never played them. I'm still having a hard time deciding if I should get Heart Gold or Pokemon White as my first Pokemon game.

Pikachuguy

Lynnth

Trollbat
    Years
    The new starters got me interested in the Gen V games, but not enough to buy. But then information about NPC's were revealed, and the character N was what won me over in Gen V. Then when the games came out, there are a bunch of pokemon that I adore and can't wait to catch.

Back