• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What sparked your initial interest in Black and White?

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    the main thing that got me interested was all the new pokemon with 150 some of them theres got to be atleast 6 good ones to choose from to make a party and i felt like in the past they have been slaking off ( i went there).

I think I was just excited in general when I first heard about the new games. Of course, my initial excitement was then replaced by mixed emotions. Both of anxiousness and of agitation. At this rate is seems as though they'll never stop making Pokemon but…I've always been interested in Pokemon. From when I first heard about it back when the anime first came and I finally got my hands on the games. I've followed them so far and I know I'll keep following. Though admittedly I would just like to see a new game with new regions and new adventures but…just keep the same Pokemon. Just because there's a new place doesn't mean there HAS to be new Pokemon.

But even I have to admit some of the new ones interest me and that's another reason why I'm excited for it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Well, it's Pokemon. I'm automatically interested, since it's my longest loved franchise (well, one of them anyway). And then Seed bby secured my interest. :D

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
    Well, it's Pokemon. I'm automatically interested, since it's my longest loved franchise (well, one of them anyway). And then Seed bby secured my interest. :D

Couldn't agree more :)

Yeah, when a new generation of pokemon comes out I'm drawn in from the start. And, I also liked how they made these games seperate from the others, with just that regions pokemon in them, makes it feel like a fresh start. :D

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    When I first heard of a fifth generation of Pokemon, I was really excited to hear that I wouldn't have to put down my favorite series just yet. But part of me wondered how Game Freak would be able to pull off yet another generation without it turning out to be a flop. Seeing how Gen III felt like they were trying too hard; I admit, I was skeptical. But, I've had faith in them for this long, what was wrong with giving them another shot?

Honestly, when I saw the first few shots of the new Pokemon, I figured this was just going to be a repeat of Hoenn. But, as I looked deeper, not only into the story and the new interfaces, but the Pokemon themselves, I felt a spark of hope. Not only has the Unova region grabbed my attention, it continue to surprise and astound me. And I may even argue the point that Gen V may be the best game yet.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    Couldn't agree more :)

Yeah, when a new generation of pokemon comes out I'm drawn in from the start. And, I also liked how they made these games seperate from the others, with just that regions pokemon in them, makes it feel like a fresh start. :D

I'm with you on that one, man. I''ve been hooked on the series for 13 years when I was just 5 years old and played Red of the first time. For me, every new generation, concept, and feature that Game Freak bring to the table shows just how addictive and powerful this franchise can be( it is the second largest videogame franchise afterall!)

Years
    I didn't really have a reaction. It was more of a "ehh, ok."

It has grown on me now though, as every Pokemon game (On handheld) has. So I will just have to wait and see how it is when I play it.​

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I really did at first hate the whole idea but the new region and graphics.Now the new generation has grown on me i guess you could say.The main reason it made me want it thou is because its a new adventure with a new region to explore and new people to meet.

Kamitsure-chan

Massive Cynthia fangirl. :3
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    My reaction was absolute joy. The new graphics, new aspects of gameplay, new Pokemon, just the fact that there's a new generation and that the game franchise isn't dead yet was enough to make me excited about the new games.

I personally hope that this is the last generation though (please don't shoot me XD). I'm not sure just how much more they can do with it, and I personally think it'd be best if they kind of... at least stopped developing Pokemon, before the total number reaches 1000. XD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Seeing Huin city for the first time when this gen was officially confirmed was actually one of the first things that go me excited for BW that and the possibility for RSE remakes this gen

Comokanu

Glitch Hunter
    Years
    The 3D-ness, Zoroark, the fact that it's a new Pokémon game. HGSS was all a bit meh, since I never played the original GSC games and never understood the nostalgia. Sure, there were a load of legendaries you can catch but it was nothing different really.

Then came my March 2010 issue of CoroCoro all the way from Japan(me is in UK) and I looked at the cover. New Pokémon.

Zorua and Zoroark looked absolutely badass, and the following issues of CoroCoro only fueled my need to have the new game. Then my grandparents got me the game when I went to Japan for Oshou-gatsu(New year's).

The new Pokémon looked absolutely badass, the rotation battles were cool(great for training low Lv. Pkmn) and the storyline was actually quite good. Then GTS-Negotiation, and all those awesome gimmicks are what is keeping me hooked on the game right now.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2022
    For me it was how the battle sprites where constantly animated and how the camera would move around in battles.

Back