• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What to use masterball on

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Don't use it for Mewtwo, any legendary in a cave is easily caught with false swipe, hypnosis, and a dusk ball.

Totally not true. Not always, anyway.
    I went through at least 20 or 30 dusk balls on Zygarde after false swipe and sleep before I finally gave up on using them. But the first cheap Heal Ball I throw for poops and giggles... of course he loves it. Whatever, he likes his pink ball; he's happy, I'm happy.

Either way, I'm with everyone else. I didn't use my MB on a legendary, may as well save it for the chance of running into a shiny pokemon that's capable of killing itself or running away. =p

Spoiler:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Save the Master Ball on a legendary bird, because its Hidden Power is more important due to their shallow move pools, so you can soft reset as many times as possible to easily capture it with the right nature and HP. Mewtwo and Zygarde don't need Hidden Power, as the former has a large move pool, while the latter is a physical sweeper.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I whould Say Mewto!
    Hardest in the game!

Still not necessary though, like I said, with enough patience - and enough Poké Balls - you can catch legendaries in regular Poké Balls, and I like to catch all my Pokémon in Poké Balls because I find they look the best.

Meksal

What do you mean this thing is priceless? *Nom nom
    Years
    Totally not true. Not always, anyway.
    I went through at least 20 or 30 dusk balls on Zygarde after false swipe and sleep before I finally gave up on using them. But the first cheap Heal Ball I throw for poops and giggles... of course he loves it. Whatever, he likes his pink ball; he's happy, I'm happy.

Either way, I'm with everyone else. I didn't use my MB on a legendary, may as well save it for the chance of running into a shiny pokemon that's capable of killing itself or running away. =p

Spoiler:

Well, I did end up using my master ball on Zygarde, but Mewtwo was incredibly easy with a dusk ball.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Mewtwo. Zygarde was much harder to catch, at least for me. The main reason I used it on Mewtwo is because the Master Ball has an M on it and Mewtwo start with an M. So I used it on Mewtwo.

I could have captured it with a dusk ball, but wanted it in the Master.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
    I used mine on Yvetal because I didn't know you could re-fight him and I was going to lose all my pokemon :( Though like said above Mewtwo is probably the best choice, he is the hardest to catch.

You can re-fight him?! I was in the same situation as you. I could throw an ultra ball, but all of my pokemon would faint, or throw the master ball.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    I think in X and Y all the legendaries are quite easy to catch... you can catch them with some great balls and ultra balls. The bird legendary is in a cave so I used a dusk ball. I'd save your master ball for a lucky shiny encounter :)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    My opinion is that Master Ball is only for Mewtwo, in any game. It's really the only Pokemon the ball looks good on, and I know a lot of ball snobs who even hate that I use Master Ball on Mewtwo, lol! But come on, it even has an M on it!

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2014
    Sweet. Thanks for the replies! Well seeing as I've already caught all the legendary Pokemon except for Articuno (such a pain in the ass) I guess I'll be using it on a shiny :)

Years
    the only thing i usually use it on is if i want to use a legendary for competitive so i can soft reset otherwise i'd normaly just try to use buyable balls

DanZC

Pokemon Trainer Dan
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2018
    I haven't used the master ball since Gen III. This is because I've never found a reason to use it. You get it free, once in the game. To get more, you have to be insanely lucky (lottery's a b**ch). I'd say, save it for that shiny that you'll never encounter, that happens to know a self-destructing move or an escaping move (i.e. Whirlwind). Or you can spam it on a legendary and soft-reset for perfect IVs.

Years
    T But the first cheap Heal Ball I throw for poops and giggles... of course he loves it. Whatever, he likes his pink ball; he's happy, I'm happy.
    Spoiler:

^That comment made my night XD.

Anyway, I would say, save it...we still don't know if we're getting something like a pokemon Z which may have roamers or if there is going to be new games compatible with X and Y with roamers and then you can trade it from one game to the other. I still have mine in my bag, plus another I got in the lottery. Still saving them for those scenaries or for a suicidal shiny. *Graveler I'm looking at you ¬¬'*

Back