• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What up with Homestuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porynoir

Cool like that...
Years
  • I read a lot of it and I didn't understand why people liked it. It was really um... anti-climatic.
    What up with Homestuck? Is it just something some people like?

Jacinth

~Darling~
    Years
  • I attempted reading Homestuck as well, and none of it made any sense. I was only able to get through about the first ten pages before deciding to move on to a more productive activity. One of my friends said it would get better the more you read, but, alas, it did not. I don't get what all the rage is about either.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2012
    I myself am a Homestuck fan. At Act 4 it gets waaaay better, though, most people don't read up to that and get bored of it. I myself got bored of Homestuck at first, but I read act 4 and got hooked.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • I know why you brang up this topic. There's this weird user named Limanya who always types in Homestuck. I find it annoying, and Hikari10 does too.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Well, it's just like my Facebook game obsession.

People get annoyed, tell me to stop, and a year later I'll be embarrassed by the whole ordeal.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
  • Anyone who wants to know what Homestuck should just watch this video.. XD

If it doesn't interest you on some level, you proooobably won't enjoy the comic.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • I was only able to get through about the first ten pages [...]. One of my friends said it would get better the more you read, but, alas, it did not.
    How do you know? You only read ten pages; the comic has thousands of them. Also, each page is a panel. Do you expect a comic to get superawesome in only ten panels?

Act I is somewhat of an introduction with a lot of slapstick comedy, while introducing some things that don't exist on our world but it's natural for the characters, like the silladex or the strifes. It also sets a pattern that other characters will follow (homestuck (and MSPA in general) do that a lot). After act I, things get more and more intense, including exciting flash animations and twists and mythology and whatnot. The comic uses a unique style of narrative and deliberately breaks some rules of storytelling while actually being ambiguous about it, like "breaking the fourth wall" while actually just introducing an external, totally different universe that somehow contains the game universes... it's too weird to explain.

That said, Homestuck not only gets more exiting the more you read. It also gets more complicated and hard to follow, although the heavy use of patterns makes it easy to anticipate some things.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • Meh, it doesn't seem like something I would be interested in. I gave it a very quick look, nothing at all drew me in and I was really unimpressed with the art style. So I can't hate it or anything because I've barely taken a look at it, but I highly doubt I'd get into it. I've talked to someone about it, she seems to adore Homestuck and she summarized it basically. Again, nothing about what she told me even sparked a small interest.

I do, however, notice the amount of great fanart for it. A lot of it's very good, I've gotta say @_@ I also noticed that the fandom quite frightens me lolololol

EDIT: CRAPCRAPCRAPCRAP this is over a month old :< I misread June for July. Sorry, mods! Delete this then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back