• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What version will you get?

Choose a version!

• Omega Ruby

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • Alpha Sapphire

Votes: 87 46.3%
  • Both

Votes: 51 27.1%
  • Neither >:(

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    For quite a while I wasn't sure which one I'd be getting. Usually I pick based on which legendary looks better to me initially, but I like Groudon and Kyogre equally. And it's not like there's any version exclusives I'm aware of that would make me pick one over the other, nor do I care if it's Team Magma or Team Aqua I'm dealing with.

But I've decided I'm going to get Alpha Sapphire, mainly for 2 reasons: 1)I have Ruby, so I thought I'd get the other version for something a bit different, and 2) I recently learned that my birthstone is Sapphire. No, seriously. I thought for the longest time that amethyst was birthstone, but it's really sapphire.

Years
  • I plan on getting Alpha Sapphire. I started with Sapphire for gen 3 and my friend started with Ruby (I later got Emerald). We plan to go through multiple runs to get Groudon and Kyogre (1 each and the rest for trading). Hopefully we can send them to X and Y for storage or we'll just use his Poke Bank account (if that still works with ORAS).

Last edited:

ingcoliptis

Best Pokémon Breeder NA 2015
    Years
  • There are so many games coming out in November @_@. There are 3 games im picking up for my vita, so unfortunately i'm only picking up Omega Ruby (the first i had). Whenever i scrap together another $40, ill pick up Alpha Sapphire.

Years
  • I think ill go for alpha saphire, because that was the one i had on my old GBA.
    If i really get into the game i might get the other one aswell.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    I'll be buying alpha sapphire. Me and my friend used to play sapphire/ruby so much and he had ruby and I had sapphire so we'll be carrying on the tradition.

Back