• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What version will you get?

Choose a version!

• Omega Ruby

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • Alpha Sapphire

Votes: 87 46.3%
  • Both

Votes: 51 27.1%
  • Neither >:(

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
    Years
    Which version do you plan on getting: Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire? Or do you, perhaps, plan to dive further and pick up more than one copy? :) Let us know what you'll be getting and why!

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    I'll definitely be getting Alpha Sapphire first! Then I'll pick up Omega Ruby when I have the money too. I've done that all the way through the series.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    Since Sapphire was my first game, I'll be getting AlphaSapphire. I also prefer Kyogre and water over Groudon and land. I'd like to get both but that's what I said the past few releases and I only got one version :P

Years
    Even though Ruby was my main version of the original pair, I might try and switch things up and go for Alpha Sapphire as my main this time around. I'll probably get both games like I usually do, with one being the main game and the other I do just for fun.

Years
    I don't know which one I'd go for. Originally, my parents (yes, my parents because I was 8 years old when RS came out lmao) got both games for me and I played Sapphire first. I'd say AlphaSapphire though since I spent most of my time with Ruby.

Leo the Lion

Too many sexy people in this world, all of them fi
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Alpha Sapphire
    Cause Sapphire=blue=kyogre=water=mudkip.
    Anbd maybe ruby later. But alpha sounds way cooler than omega.
    And, Kyogre>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Groudon
    Nah, I love both. And rayquaza just beats em all.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I prefer Groudon over Kyogre. It's not the type specifically, I just like the Pokemon more. Groudon seems tougher to me, and as a kid I liked Groudon more (and still do). However, I will be purchasing both games, one for challenges and the other for trading and other whims. ^^

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    I'll probably go for Alpha Sapphire first, but I'll wait to see version exclusives before I make my final decision.

Sapphire was my original game though so I'll probably stick to it.

Years
    Alpha Sapphire for me because Sapphire was the version I got first.. that the thunderstorm scene was more epic than drought (imho). But I'm really tempted to get both since Groudon and Kyogre are both amazing plus the box art is just wooow. <3

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    It's waaay too early to decide on this yet. We have no idea how different the two versions are going to be, and even though most pairs only differ on very insignificant levels, I feel like games covering the topic of environmental change might offer a bit more towards the differences between the versions than what is usually done. If it means that one version is gonna take place primarily on water, then I'll be sure to get the opposite version. Right now I'm definitely leaning mostly towards Omega Ruby though, since Ruby was the first version I ever got and played.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    If I actually had a 3DS, which I don't I'd get Alpha Sapphire. I really want one now though lol XD

I'd pick Sapphire because it's my birthstone, and I like Kyogre better than Groudon.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I will pre order both/or buy them both (if can't pre order) I'll start with Alpha Sapphire, not sure exactly why, but I prefer water more than fire - and Kyogre looks cooler in the box's artwork.

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    Alpha Saphire probably. But I'll wait until I see a full list of the exclusives to make my mind up

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I will buy Omega Ruby in physical form, but will probably quietly download Alpha Sapphire too.

Back