• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What was the first GB pokemon game u ever played?

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    Yellow version.
    I had been watching the anime for a while, so mom and dad finally got me a GBA and Yellow one Christmas Day. Yaaay~
    I remember beating Brock and Misty, then wondering why they wouldn't join me on my journey.
    /snicker
    xD

Next up was Gold. My personal favorite. It was like a whole new experience after playing Yellow, because I was trying to hard to make my little Totodile follow me around like Pikachu did.

Ahhh, so many hours spent into these games.
    And now I'm getting the urge to play Pearl again. wat. Must. Resist. Urge.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    First one I ever played was Red, at my cousin's house. First one I ever owned was Blue, about a month later.

Mr.Kirby

off the wall
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    The first pokemon game I played on my gameboy was my friend's Gold game. Though the first gameboy pokemon game I've ever actually owned was Crystal, and even though it's terrible corrupted from time I don't have the heart to get rid of it.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2009
    I first played Pokemon Yellow, and I guess I was around 9 then. I've only played Pearl since then, and I still prefer the 151 over the 493 or whatever there are now.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    Yellow, and later Red and Blue~ I've played one from each generation since then, and the G/S/C games are still my favorite.

Yeah, I also expected Brock and Misty to join me in Yellow. I was so upset when they didn't. xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2011
    the first gameboy game i ever got was pokemon yellow and it got me into video games

Sola84

I'm just a ray of sunshine
    Years
    I got red and a red game boy colour ^_^ my brother got blue and when yellow came out my friend got that.

Nalu93

The Northern Wind
    Years
    The first one I played was Silver,but I owned a pokemon game only two\three years ago,and it was emerald

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2016
    Crystal here. It was my first ever game. Ah the memories. Can't wait for HGSS to relive those :D

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    haha, Silver Was The First One... i still remember the first pokemon i had that evolved (almost)- i thought something was wrong so i got scared (i was really little)- i thought it was going to explode, so i threw it across the room and hid behind my couch..... my brother was cracking up apparently....

Back