• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the first video game you ever played?

echolocated

rated R for robocop
Years
  • My first game was Power Rangers SPD for the GBA. I was 4 when i played it, though nostalgia doesn't really get to me anymore. Maybe it's because i kept on failing that one level:(

Retro Gamer'93

Pokemon Master of Kanto
    Years
  • Either Super Mario for the SNES or Mario 64 for the Nintendo 64, can't remember which. I know it was a Mario game though and it was on one of those two consoles. I was like 5 or 6 when I first played.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure it was either Super Mario Bros or Tetris for NES. Can't remember which because I've been literally playing video games since I was 2.

I know that I got into the gameboy by the time I was 3, and I never looked back.

I didn't play Pokemon until I was like... 6. lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    Actually, the first video game I ever played was Super Mario World. I found it awesome and spend a lot of time on it. It really well done and the musics were catchy. I never was able to finish the ghost level though, I guess I was dumb. XD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Wario_Blast_box_art.jpg

At least, this is the first one I can remember playing... and even then, "remember" is pushing it. I'm pretty sure I still have this somewhere; that and the Taz-Mania game which I could never get passed the second level in. I think I might have gone off video games if it wasn't for Pokemon, to be honest.

Physco

2+2=5
    Years
  • I think Pokemon Yellow was my first game.
    picture.php

I got it at around age 6-7.
    But of course I lost it by now.
    I remember getting a beast mode Pikachu and Charizard.
    Ahh....good times.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • My very first video game was F-Zero for SNES because it came with the system that my parents bought me when I was 4. I can't believe I've had it that long. I still have the same cartridge and system today! Works great! F-Zero was never one of my favourite games, but when I hear the start up music, it makes me all giddy and nostalgic.

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
  • Mine was Pac-Man. I played it when I was like 4 or 5 years old. I also played after that Mappy & one of the Atari Racing Games. But my first Pokemon game was Pokemon Sapphire

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Ah, I believe my first was was either Super Mario World. At least, that was the first video game I owned. I am pretty sure I played some at my babysitters before that, but I can't really remember. :\ I always consider SMW to be the first one I ever played, anyways.

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years
  • If I remember correctly, it was Pokemon Crystal. In third grade, the kids that sat at my table in after-school care were talking about Ruby and Sapphire, which were upcoming games at the time, so that night I went home and begged for a GBA and one game, and being the spoiled little thing I was, I got it. And the game I picked was, of course, Pokemon Crystal. Huzzah.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Umm... I don't know the name of it, Hugo's Adventure I think?
    I was completly 8-bit you could click where to go, but you had to type what to do, like 'get cheese' 'give cheese' 'talk' 'examine' Stuff like that, the idea of each game was to save penelope.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • First video game that I played and owned? Super Mario Bros. for the NES. Good times man... Good times. :) I remember beating the game when I was six.

Last edited:

THEROGE12

V The Roge x
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Mind was pokemon blue on the big block of gameboy HEHEHE I Loved those time

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
  • I didn't own any consoles when I was younger... I did have a PC and a Game Boy though.

I know my first game ran on DOS, because I had to teach myself how to start the game and everything. It might've been Warcraft: Orcs And Humans.

Back