• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the first video game you ever played?

flavios

Lord of Fun
    Years
    I think Pokemon Blue for GBC was the first game i played i remembering it being awesome and me thinking "no other game can compare to this"

Exzessiva

~shy trainer with a shy Ralts~
    Years
    My first video game was Super Mario bros. Haha..xD

Those days were interesting. I was in the third grade that time when I played it for the first time.

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
    Years
    It was either Mario Kart on an N64 emulator or Super Mario 64 on same emulator,can't quite remember right now

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
    My mom was a gamer and she had an NES. So, the first game I probably played was one of the Mario Bros game, most likely. Yeah, I don't really know when I first picked up a controller or what game it was. xD I was just born into gaming. :cer_tongue:

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Well, I had been exposed to videogames prior to this probably, but didnt really get a good go at them or remember any of them. I never was allowed to play arcades or anything, so it was just some spaceship shooter on an old commodor computer.

But the first game I really played, and owned, was Super Mario Bros. (w/ duck hunt).
    I'm sure super mario bros is a common answer for this question.

Sandshrew

Poke-n00b extraordinaire!
    Years
    For me it was either:
    Super Street Fighter 2, where I played only Vega - he had a claw!
    or Super Mario All-Stars, came in a bundle with my SNES.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I don't remember, but I think Super Mario Bros. for the SNES was my first game when I was around four or five. I don't think we have that game and the console anymore.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    The first video game I ever played when I was little was Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the Nintendo 64. I always used to play it, and I eventually played it so much that I would know where everything is. Sometimes I used to do speed runs, or do no heart runs, and other things. Now when I play it on the 3DS, I look back and think how I ever accomplished doing those things because I tend to get lost now whenever I play it again. :P

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    NES game - Megaman 3/4 or Punch-Out! (Can't really remember which one. MM series is one of my favorite, for any system, so I know that one of the first games I played was a MM game.)
    SNES - Final Fantasy Mystic Quest was the first game that I played myself. I played some Star Wars game at a friends house though. I don't really remember much other then we got bored within 5 minutes and we decided to watch a movie instead.
    N64 - Starfox 64 (Hell Yeah
    Computer - Crap. Can NOT remember. It was either Monster Truck Madness 2 or Decent 2. First game I really remember playing was Tiberian Sun.
    GB/C - Pokemon Blue was the first game I played but that was with a friend while we were walking back. I only played for a couple minutes. First game that I owned myself was Yellow. And I traded it a year later for a coke. The person I gave it to gave it to someone else and the next day I traded that person a bag of chips for it.
    GBA - This one I can't remember. At all. Im sure that it was Pokemon Ruby or Megaman Zero 2, but really it could have been any of the Megaman games released. Or Metroid Fusion. I really don't remember.
    DS - Trauma Center Under the Knife
    360 - Guitar Hero. Can't remember which one though.

Listed for various systems.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    I change my previous answer. I did remember wrong. Now I answer Driver 2. First game I have ever played was 15+ or 18+ game. :O And it was only driving, not shooting if I remember right.

Years
    The first game of someone else's...

Spoiler:

And the first game of my own...
    Spoiler:

Wow, I feel really old, lol.

To go slightly off topic, the first game I really got into was...
    Spoiler:

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
    It was Alex Kidd in miracle world, built in to the Sega master system II that I got for Christmas when I was about 4, I think. Been hooked ever since, still play it on my wii. I remeber feeling as excited playing Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie for the first times also.

Zeus

Back