• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the first video game you ever played?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    The first game I probably ever played (besides like 10 seconds or something of playing my cousin's games and not knowing what I was doing, etc), was Super Mario World on the SNES. I was very young and my best friend, who I had known from birth and lived right above me, had one, and we were just like family so we spent all our time together. Another one would probably be Bugdom on Macintosh (no idea what OS).

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
  • The first games I remember playing were on my old computer, a windows 98. I used to have the original Worms, a game called K.K.N.D. and another game but I forgot the name. I also remember playing Prince of Persia 3D with my dad. I also used to borrow my friend's N64 and I used to play Super Smash Brothers, Mario Party and 007 Goldeneye on it.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I dont remember my first first game. But I can tell you what first game comes to mind of me playing when i was like 3 or 4.

Super Mario Bros. 3

^ pretty sure that was my first game.
    But it wasnt mine it was my brothers.
    My First game i owned for myself was a sega, and Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
    Then I got a N64 got Super Mario 64. and or a Gameboy Pocket and Pokemon Red. (dont remember which came first for me haha).

Greg.

Elite Four
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2012
    I think it was Super Mario 64, either that or some dodgy soccer game.

Years
  • Pokemon Red. It was the entire reason I got a Gameboy Color, and later Hey You! Pikachu was the only reason I got a N64.
    I was just 6... My life's been ruined ever since.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015
    Pokémon blue. My dad went to the store and got a blue gameboy and pokémon blue for me. Greatest moment of my life/most influential.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Maaaaan, I can't remember!
    I think it was either Crash Bandicoot (When Crash was out in the good old days, unlike today) Spyro 1, or Odds World. I remember be and my dad playing Odds World together, man we had fun, I always loved those aliens and their wackiness. :3

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
  • It was Pokemon Jade, the bootleg one with the cellphones and all. That was way back when!

Years
  • Now this question really depends on a few things. Are we considering only home consol games or arcade games? Because when I started gaming, I would go to the local arcade and play Donkey Kong. That is the earliest memory I have of playing a 'video game.'

Now if you consider consol games, then the first one there would have to be Mario for the original Nintendo System. I remember when I finally got to the final castle and saw the princess instead of those darn mushroom things. :)

GibbyGibson

Back