• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your favorite Pokémon growing up?

Years
  • Since I started with the anime long before I knew about the games my favorites as a kid were always Ash's Pokemon. The two I remember liking the most for the longest time were Tauros and Kingler. I think my favorite one between the two was Tauros.

I specifically remember watching the episodes where I started to think that these two were the coolest/strongest ever. For Tauros it was the Tauros competition episode where Ash's Tauros won and everyone wanted to trade for Ash's Tauros. For Kingler it was the famous Indigo League episode when Krabby evolved and dominated.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Bulbasaur and Gengar used to be favorites of mine a long time ago, but the Kanto overexposure ended up changing that. I remember back when only Gen 1-3 existed getting a Gengar was like a dream for me, but Gen 4 and onwards introduced a good amount of strong Ghost types that I like more.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Having been exposed to the anime, I thought Charizard was awesome. Then when I got TCG, it was Gen III and I got tricked out of my Torchic card...cue getting my first game and although there's no Charizards in sight my starter is a Torchic! So that was my favourite for quite a while, until I finally got far enough into the game to turn it into Blaziken with Blaze Kick, which I just thought was the coolest thing ever.
    Since then I keep gravitating towards dragons (except Garchomp) as well as Pokémon from the first few routes in Hoenn. Gen IV was the first time I was aware of new Pokémon in advance and I took an instant shine to Piplup's line because penguins. Likewise Samurott in Gen V.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • My favorite Pokémon growing up was always Starmie, mainly because of the anime and Misty using it. I thought it was very interesting. Then, when I started playing the games, I found that Starmie was great in the games as well, so it was great for me.

Back