• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What was your first gb/gbc pokemon game and why?

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2009
    My mum and dad bought me a game boy color (purple one) with pokemon yellow with it so i played it and that was the beginning of my pokefantasy XD

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    On Christmas 1998, I got Pokemon Blue. My parents bought both Red and Blue but did not put name tags on the presents. So, my brother and I randomly picked one gift and I got Blue. Ironically, I got the pink Gameboy instead of the blue one. Fate giggles. :P

Bela

Banned
    Years
    Pokemon Yellow with a yellow Gameboy to match =)

Sometimes I liked to drop Pikachu into a box just so I wouldn't be followed by it since I found that so irritating.

And then there was the time I traded it over to Blue version and evolved it into Raichu. Good times. >=D

Ayselipera

My first gbc game was gold. My grandma got it for me on Easter. :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Actually my first Game was when I bought 3 of them 3 years ago. They were Silver, Crystal and Gold.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    Got Red first in the late 90's, then I accidentally did the Missingno glitch and found the ghost Missingno.

The thing screwed my game up so bad that I had to get blue 2 weeks after I beat Red :(

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    Yellow in the seventh grade, 2001 when I was first getting addicted to pokemon after despising it, it was the only one I knew existed.
    My best friend kept showing me hers and I got excited and begged my mom for it(including the gameboy, I hadn't one) until she agreed.

My beloved, late Silver was next some time later.

Reflux

Reflux
    Years
    1999, I was in a homeless shelter, living with just my mom. The local college gave me a yellow gameboy colour and Pkmn Yellow for Christmas. I kept it For 10 years (now its sitting in my dresser drawer)

Years
    Blue, because all my friends had Red and they pressured me into getting it when they realized they couldn't get Magmar or Vulpix on their games.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I actually received Pokemon Silver before my Pokemon Red. Well, it was on sale, and I really wanted one. So my dad, being the cheap man he is, bought me one for $9.99.

It's still good, though.

Years
    Hmmm well...I THINK it was 1999...I have a really fond memory of it because..we were in a Wal-mart and my sisters had been going in and out of the changing room for FOUR HOURS. I never really asked for much as a kid cuz I knew we didn't have much money (in and out of homeless shelters when I was little) So I jokingly asked my mom for a yellow gameboy and pokemon yellow (I didn't know the difference between versions back then and...it had Pikachu which was recognizable from the series for me) And she said YES xD I was freaking out and running around and jumping all around.

Green ~

Needs A New Sketch Book T_T
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2010
    My mom found a silver GBA with Pokemon Crystal in it (funny, since that's a GBC game) at a hotel where she works, and gave it to me.I was eight at the time, and I didn't really understand it.Apparently there was a save file in the cartridge,and I started from Olivine City.I kept entering the Battle Tower, then randomly select the Pokemon's moves and lost everytime. XD

Somehow I managed to start a new game, but I kept looping back because I didn't know I had to save ... that is, until my dad told me. :)

Psychic Nick

Ready to bend to my will?...
    Years
    Have I mentioned you people make me feel old? My fist GB game (And I mean the Brick that ate 4 batterys it a time and could be used to club a man to death) was Tetress, first pokemon game was Red. ater two years of playing with jap pokemon toys an such, it felt nice to be able to read english lol

Back