• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What was your first gb/gbc pokemon game and why?

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    I started off with Yellow, but then it quickly disappeared. And then I somehow acquired 3 Silvers, and a Crystal (Pepsi was spilled on it =[ ). Good times. I'm glad they've remade Silver & Gold.

gmack2340

Game Programmer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    Pokemon Yellow because of Pikachu being
    able to follow behind you.

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
    I started with Red whe I was about four. One of my cousins beat it already and gave it to me (and he explained me the noob-strategy!^^) cuz he saw how much I loved when I watched him while he was playing... And so it began... :D

Years
    Blue, August 1998, 'cause it was my favorite color. It was my very first video game (and the reason I got a GBC). (My second was Link's Awakening, and third was Red.)

Why August? I remember going to my first day of first grade about a week after getting it, and missing my Charmander the whole time =[

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    My first was really more like my family's. We got Pokemon Red in March of 2000. I had been into Pokemon for a long time, though. I just didn't have a Gameboy. But we had an N64 and Pokemon Stadium, so the family played through Pokemon Red on that. I had been collecting cards since before then, though.

I got Blue and Yellow for my birthday of 2000. :)
    Got Silver (brother got Gold), Crystal, Sapphire (brother got Ruby), Emerald, and Diamond (brother got Pearl) the day they came out. I was hooked on Pokemon.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    My first Pokemon game was Gold. I got back in 1999, I do believe. My mom and I had to go somewhere, and she took me to a store. I saw it and wanted it, and I played it over and over and over again ever since, lol. Until my clock decided to die... Which really broke my heart.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    Mine was pokemon Silver in 2004. I was a huge fan of the anime and my uncle gave me a used copy of silver. I always sucked at that and had no idea what i was doing xD. But I had fun with it

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I got Pokemon Red because my friend had Pokemon Blue. I think that was the reason anyway.

Back