• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What was your first gb/gbc pokemon game and why?

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
    Years
    Mine was pokemon red and i got it cause i prefered the colour red over blue and charizard look epic.:cool:
    also I got it cause all the grade 6's had them and showed me in prep and i thought it was awesome.

Last edited:

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Mine was Pokémon Blue, Christmas 1998. I'd been collecting the cards and watching the Anime for about three months by then, so when I asked for the game for Christmas my parents got me Blue as it was my favourite colour along with my GameBoy Color, which was my first GameBoy. And I was dead chuffed when my Uncle visited America in 1999 and came back with Pokémon Yellow for my birthday, which was barely five months later. x3!

I'm really happy because my Blue game still has my original save file, too. None of my internal batteries have run dry yet, so I count myself as blessed. XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2009
    My first GameBoy Color game was Pokemon Red, because that's what I asked for for my birthday.

Years
    My First Game Was Pokemon Red Which I Got In 1999 When I Was 3 Lol I loved Watching The Anime And The Cards So I Got It For Christmas.... Still Have It Know Along With My Smexy Gold Which I Got A Couple Of Years Later From Japan >O

Harumi-chan

L o v e . M e . H a t e . M e
    Years
    My dad bought me both Red and Blue the day they came out and I played Red first only cause since seeing Charizard I loved fire types. (Honestly I love all types)

I loved pokemon already and I asked for them both when I heard a game was being released c:

Years
    My first game was Red Version.

I was 11 years old. I bought it when the other kids at school started bringing their GBCs to class. I chose Red because I was convinced that you could only get Charizard in Red version, even though the cashier told me that Charmander was in both games. I, being a naive 11 year old, was like "Nu-uh!" and bought red anyway. I bought blue sometime later (I think I had finished Red minus the pokedex when I bought blue).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    My first was Yellow in 99 because I didn't have a GameBoy in 98. xD Also, my mee maw got it for me for my birthday because when my cousin got it, I constantly hovered over her. She eventually just let me play it for her because 1. she was lazy, and 2. she didn't really care that much about Pokemon. So, I got it a month later for my birthday. Unfortunately, I was stupid and didn't get past Brock and I lost it. xD

Sweet Visions

..is cool!
    Years
    The first Pokemon game I played was my brothers, it was Blue. I still can't find it. :(
    The first Pokemon game I owned was Gold. I lost that one too, lulz.

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
    For my birthday, my friend Jared surprised me with Pokemon Blue. I thought it was amazing that he got me a video game for my birthday. He also got me a guide to go along with it... But I think when he borrowed it back from me, he lost the guide, or I did. One of the two.

I remember the fun times when we'd play Pokemon and trade together... filling up the Pokedex. When we knew about the Game Genie code to get Mew, we went ecstatic. Back then, it really didn't matter if you were cheating or not, as the audience for who you'd encounter of people who had Pokemon were slim. It's not like these days when you have the whole world playing alongside you and you're concerned if you get something that was created by cheating. =P

Zig

Quack.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2012
    My first Pokemon game was Yellow. I picked that first, over Red/Blue just because it looked awesome. And the idea of not having to choose a starter appealed to me at the time.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    mine was gold, i got that game and my first gameboy for my birthday.
    it kinda took me awhile to get the hang of it, then after a few months i got the red and yellow versions

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    Mine was Red, and I got it for Christmas. My other cousin wanted Blue, so I got Red. Later on my other cousin also requested Red for Christmas. We've followed that tradition ever since.

Back